Subject: [spring] Benoit Claise's No Objection on draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2018 01:30:39 -0800

Benoit Claise has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

OPS DIR review from Tina:

I found this document well written to be READY for publication as an
informational document.

Some nits:

4.2 eBGP Labeled Unicast (RFC8277)

Each node peers with its neighbors via a eBGP session

should be

Each node peers with its neighbors via an eBGP session

7.  Addressing the open problems

the same could be re-used in context of
   other domains as well

A period is missing in the end.

Are the centralized controller and centralized agent the same components?

Even though the design in this document is specified for same domain, it would
be useful to develop an approach for inter-domain without leaking intra-domain
topology and policy.

Have this feature been included or being aligned with carrier grade FIB in
FD.io VPP https://wiki.fd.io/view/VPP ?