Subject: [spring] Protocol Action: 'Segment Routing Architecture' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-15.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2018 15:22:16 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Segment Routing Architecture'
  (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-15.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing/

Technical Summary

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through an ordered list of instructions, called
   segments.  A segment can represent any instruction, topological or
   service-based.  A segment can have a semantic local to an SR node or
   global within an SR domain.  SR allows to enforce a flow through any
   topological path while maintaining per-flow state only at the ingress
   nodes to the SR domain.

Working Group Summary

   This is the main document that is coming out of the WG -- support has 
    been strong throughout.

Document Quality

   Several commercial implementations and deployments of the SPRING architecture exist.

Personnel

  Martin Vigoureux is the Document Shepherd
  Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director