Subject: [spring] RFC 8354 on Use Cases for IPv6 Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2018 16:28:20 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8354

        Title:      Use Cases for IPv6 Source 
                    Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) 
        Author:     J. Brzozowski,
                    J. Leddy,
                    C. Filsfils,
                    R. Maglione, Ed.,
                    M. Townsley
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2018
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 18271
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-spring-ipv6-use-cases-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8354

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8354

The Source Packet Routing in Networking (SPRING) architecture
describes how Segment Routing can be used to steer packets through an
IPv6 or MPLS network using the source routing paradigm.  This
document illustrates some use cases for Segment Routing in an
IPv6-only environment.

This document is a product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC