Subject: [spring] Request WG adoption for draft-xuclad-spring-sr-service-chaining-01

From: "徐小虎(义先)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2018 09:45:38 +0800

Hi SPRING WG co-chairs,

We authors believe this draft
(https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-xuclad-spring-sr-service-chaining-01) has
been stable enough and therefore we would like to request a WG adoption call
for it.

We believe this work belongs to SPRING WG since the concept of service
segment has been mentioned in the Segment Routing architecture from day one
and the approaches as described in this draft are exactly to leverage the
stateless source routing capability of segment routing to achieve a
stateless SFC. To some extent, SFC can be looked as a special case of source
routing as it requires the selected traffic to traverse an ordered list of
service nodes.

We believe the SFC WG review is still needed after the adoption since we
still hope to reuse the NSH for some special purposes (e.g., use it as a
metadata container).

BTW, implementations based on this draft have existed, as noted in section 8
of the draft.

Best regards,
Xiaohu (on behalf of coauthors)