Subject: [spring] Document Action: 'BGP-Prefix Segment in large-scale data centers' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-11.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2018 12:39:42 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'BGP-Prefix Segment in large-scale data centers'
  (draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc-11.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Source Packet Routing in Networking
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-msdc/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the motivation and benefits for applying
   segment routing in BGP-based large-scale data-centers.  It describes
   the design to deploy segment routing in those data-centers, for both
   the MPLS and IPv6 dataplanes.

Working Group Summary

   Nothing special to highlight -- strong WG support.

Document Quality

   There are three implementations of the related BGP extensions. 
   There is no publicly known deployment, but it's said that one is 
   in progress and another one in preparation.

Personnel

   Bruno Decraene is the Document Shepherd. 
   Alvaro Retana is the Responsible Area Director.