Subject: [spring] Flow Label in End.DX4 (draft-filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming-07

From: "Kentaro Ebisawa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 04:32:03 +0000

Hi

In 4.9 End.DX4 (draft-filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming-07), I 
noticed it requires Flow Label to be included in the hash in "after" 
poping IPv6 header.

 > 3. ELSE IF ENH = 4 ;; Ref2
 > 4. pop the (outer) IPv6 header and its extension headers
 > 5. forward to layer-3 adjacency bound to the SID S ;; Ref3
  ...
 > Ref3: Selected based on a hash of the packet’s header (at least SA, 
DA, Flow Label)

Since IPv6 packet is already poped,  I think it might not be appropriate 
to mandate use of Flow Label in this case but using "identification 
field" for DX4. (unlike DX6)

Is this intentional or just a typo when copying from DX6?

Thanks,
--
Kentaro Ebisawa <[email-masked]>