Subject: [spring] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt> (Segment Routing with MPLS data plane) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2019 10:41:45 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in Networking
WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'Segment Routing with MPLS
data plane'
  <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) leverages the source routing paradigm.  A node
   steers a packet through a controlled set of instructions, called
   segments, by prepending the packet with an SR header.  In the MPLS
   dataplane, the SR header is instantiated through a label stack. This
   document specifies the forwarding behavior to allow instantiating SR
   over the MPLS dataplane.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2880/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2453/
   https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/2454/

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 21:20:33 -0000

This draft has been around the block a bit, but certainly needs to progress
because a lot of other things are dependent on it.

Fortunately after plenty of review and updates (thanks to the authors), I
think it is now ready to become an RFC.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: spring <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: 21 February 2019 18:42
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [spring] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt>
(Segment Routing with MPLS data plane) to Proposed Standard

sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of

Abstract

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/ball
ot/

_______________________________________________
spring mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring

---

From: Ahmed Bashandy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 13:42:30 -0800

As a co-author, I second this opinion

Ahmed

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2019 15:14:45 -0800

+1

Cheers,
Jeff

---

From: "Voyer, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 00:25:00 +0000

+1

On 2019-02-26, 4:42 PM, "spring on behalf of Ahmed Bashandy" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    Ahmed

---

From: "Zafar Ali (zali)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 03:40:57 +0000

Hi,

I have reviewed this document and believe it’s ready for publications.

Thanks

Regards … Zafar

-----Original Message-----
From: spring <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>> On Behalf Of The IESG
Sent: 21 February 2019 18:42
To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>;
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>; [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
Subject: [spring] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt>
(Segment Routing with MPLS data plane) to Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> mailing lists by 2019-03-07. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]> instead. In either case, please retain the beginning
of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

_______________________________________________
spring mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring

_______________________________________________
spring mailing list
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/spring

---

From: Stefano Previdi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2019 13:17:50 +0100

Fully agree.

Thanks.
s.

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019, 22:20 Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Subject: [spring] Last Call:
> <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt>
> <https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls/ballot/>
>

---

From: Mach Chen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 01:32:03 +0000

+1

Best regards,
Mach

> From: ietf [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Adrian Farrel
> Sent: Wednesday, February 27, 2019 5:21 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject: RE: [spring] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt>
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; spring-
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]
> The IESG has received a request from the Source Packet Routing in
> Networking WG (spring) to consider the following document: - 'Segment
> Routing with MPLS data plane'

---

From: "Bernier, Daniel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 14:11:35 +0000

+1

Dan B

On 2019-02-26, 4:20 PM, "spring on behalf of Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked] on behalf of [email-masked]> wrote:

    
    Adrian
    
    -----Original Message-----
    From: spring <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of The IESG
    Sent: 21 February 2019 18:42
    To: IETF-Announce <[email-masked]>
    Cc: [email-masked];
    [email-masked]; [email-masked];
    [email-masked]; [email-masked]
    Subject: [spring] Last Call: <draft-ietf-spring-segment-routing-mpls-18.txt>
    (Segment Routing with MPLS data plane) to Proposed Standard

    
    Abstract

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2019 15:34:08 +0100

I agree. Several other documents that are referencing this draft are 
waiting for it to become RFC.

Peter