Subject: [spring] Mail regarding draft-filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming

From: "Brian O'Connor" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2019 03:27:21 -0700

5.1.  T: Transit behavior

   As per [RFC8200], if a node N receives a packet (A, S2)(S3, S2, S1;
   *SL=2*) and S2 is neither a local address nor a local SID of N then N
   forwards the packet without inspecting the SRH.

   This means that N treats the following two packets with the same
   performance:

   - (A, S2)

   - (A, S2)(S3, S2, S1; *SL=2*)

   A transit node does not need to count by default the amount of
   transit traffic with an SRH extension header.  This accounting might
   be enabled as an optional behavior.

   A transit node MUST include the outer flow label in its ECMP load-
   balancing hash [RFC6437].

Hi authors,

In this section (version 7), I believe that the two instances of SL should
be 1, not 2. S2 is at index 1 in the segment list.

Thanks,
Brian

---

From: "Pablo Camarillo (pcamaril)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2019 12:24:25 +0000

Hi Brian,

Indeed it is a typo. We will correct it in the next revision of the draft.

Thanks!
Pablo

From: Brian O'Connor <[email-masked]>
Date: Friday, 12 April 2019 at 12:39
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Mail regarding draft-filsfils-spring-srv6-network-programming
Resent-From: <[email-masked]>
Resent-To: <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>, <[email-masked]>
Resent-Date: Friday, 12 April 2019 at 12:38

5.1.  T: Transit behavior

   As per [RFC8200], if a node N receives a packet (A, S2)(S3, S2, S1;
   SL=2) and S2 is neither a local address nor a local SID of N then N
   forwards the packet without inspecting the SRH.

   - (A, S2)

   - (A, S2)(S3, S2, S1; SL=2)

In this section (version 7), I believe that the two instances of SL should be 1, not 2. S2 is at index 1 in the segment list.

Thanks,
Brian