Subject: [spring] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08.txt

From: Greg Mirsky <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2019 12:46:03 -0400

Dear All,
with this update, we've added a section on using BFD for Multipoint
Networks (RFC 8562 and RFC 8563) for proactive defect detection in
Point-to-Multipoint SR Policies.
Authors believe that the draft is stable and addresses p2p, as well as,
p2mp use cases of SR-MPLS. We appreciate your consideration of WG adoption
poll for this specification.

Regards,
Greg

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Aug 2, 2019 at 12:38 PM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08.txt
To: Ilya Varlashkin <[email-masked]>, Gregory Mirsky <
[email-masked]>, Ilya Varlashkin <[email-masked]>, Jeff Tantsura <
[email-masked]>, Mach Chen (Guoyi) <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08.txt
has been successfully submitted by Greg Mirsky and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:           draft-mirsky-spring-bfd
Revision:       08
Title:          Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) in Segment Routing
Networks Using MPLS Dataplane
Document date:  2019-08-02
Group:          Individual Submission
Pages:          13
URL:
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mirsky-spring-bfd/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08
Htmlized:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-mirsky-spring-bfd
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-mirsky-spring-bfd-08

Abstract:
   Segment Routing (SR) architecture leverages the paradigm of source
   routing.  It can be realized in the Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) network without any change to the data plane.  A segment is
   encoded as an MPLS label, and an ordered list of segments is encoded
   as a stack of labels.  Bidirectional Forwarding Detection (BFD) is
   expected to monitor any existing path between systems.  This document
   defines how to use Label Switched Path Ping to bootstrap a BFD
   session, control path in reverse direction of the SR-MPLS tunnel and
   applicability of BFD Demand mode in the SR-MPLS domain.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat