Subject: [spring] Reg ISIS prefix sid leaking conflicts

From: kotesh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 21:14:08 +0530

Hi,

  I have couple of questions wrt prefix sid propagation. Could someone
clarify?

1. Can the operator configure different prefix sids for the same prefix
under ISIS level 1 and ISIS level 2? if yes, what is the usecase?
2. When leaking is enabled between ISIS levels, if there is a conflict
between prefix sids of L1 and L2 for a given prefix, do we prefer L1 prefix
sid(regular way) and ignore L2 prefix sid(not program it)? or Both are
considered?

Thanks,
Kotesh babu.Chundu

---

From: Peter Psenak <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2020 18:17:23 +0200

Kotesh,

> under ISIS level 1 and ISIS level 2? if yes, what is the usecase?

not really. Prefix SID is a property of the prefix and should not change 
as the prefix is propagated between areas/levels or redistributed.

thanks,
Peter

> between prefix sids of L1 and L2 for a given prefix, do we prefer L1 
> prefix sid(regular way) and ignore L2 prefix sid(not program it)? or 
> Both are considered?
> 
> Thanks,
> Kotesh babu.Chundu