Subject: [spring] The SPRING WG has placed draft-gandhi-spring-twamp-srpm in state "Waiting for WG Chair Go-Ahead"

From: IETF Secretariat <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2020 05:36:57 -0800

The SPRING WG has placed draft-gandhi-spring-twamp-srpm in state
Waiting for WG Chair Go-Ahead (entered by Jim Guichard)

The document is available at
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-gandhi-spring-twamp-srpm/

Comment:
The WG adoption calls have completed for
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhi-spring-twamp-srpm-11 and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhi-spring-stamp-srpm-03. Although there
was enough support for adoption indicated on the mailing list, the chairs
have decided not to adopt these documents into the SPRING WG at this time.

This decision was driven by the current status of two companion documents in
the IPPM WG that describe the necessary extensions in support of the SPRING
documents. These documents are
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhi-ippm-stamp-srpm-00 and
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gandhi-ippm-twamp-srpm-00.  Adoption into
the IPPM WG was not successful at this time as the IPPM chairs believe they
need to be further refined and are currently discussing further steps with
the authors of those documents (see
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/ippm/mACgnxbYy64FK9RCoq_8GhxdfPw/).
Until the work by the IPPM chairs and authors has been completed, and
successful adoption of the documents in that WG completed, the SPRING chairs
would like to wait on adoption of the SPRING documents, and ask that the
authors keep us informed of the status so that action can be taken at the
appropriate time.