Subject: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

From: "Chengli (Cheng Li)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2020 13:16:23 +0000

Hi Team,

When I read the emails, I found out that we have too many threads in the same time, I need to pay a lot of time to follow up all of them.

IMHO, solutions should be provided to solve this problem.

*         What is the order of the discussion?

*         Where is the end of a discussion?

Regarding the order, we may need to list them in order, and then discuss one by one? Any suggestion? Chairs, please help on this.
Also,  how do we know the discussion has been successfully closed? a poll with all supports?

Again, it is not an easy task that we can finish it in days :(

Thanks,
Cheng

---

From: "Weiqiang Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 12:27:03 +0800

Hi Cheng,

Good point.

In order to trace the status of each requirement, chairs will maintain a
excel table, in which we will record the changing text, discussion and the
status.

My suggestion is that we run poll one by one until all the items are closed
successfully.

Then we document a draft based on the table.

I will make a table and send it to the group soon.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

发件人: Srcomp [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Chengli (Cheng Li)
发送时间: 2020年8月3日 21:16
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Team,

When I read the emails, I found out that we have too many threads in the
same time, I need to pay a lot of time to follow up all of them.

・         What is the order of the discussion?

・         Where is the end of a discussion?

Regarding the order, we may need to list them in order, and then discuss one
by one? Any suggestion? Chairs, please help on this.

Also,  how do we know the discussion has been successfully closed? a poll
with all supports?

Again, it is not an easy task that we can finish it in days L

Thanks,

Cheng

---

From: "Chengli (Cheng Li)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2020 06:18:37 +0000

Hi Weiqiang,

Many thanks!

Cheng

From: Weiqiang Cheng [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:27 PM
To: Chengli (Cheng Li) <[email-masked]>; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Cheng,
Good point.
In order to trace the status of each requirement, chairs will maintain a excel table, in which we will record the changing text, discussion and the status.
My suggestion is that we run poll one by one until all the items are closed successfully.
Then we document a draft based on the table.

B.R.
Weiqiang Cheng

发件人: Srcomp [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Chengli (Cheng Li)
发送时间: 2020年8月3日 21:16
收件人: [email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>
主题: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Team,

Thanks,
Cheng

---

From: "Darren Dukes (ddukes)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 02:20:11 +0000

I suggest that we use the revision field of our email subjects to post what we believe is the agreed upon text of requirements. This allows others to focus on it as the conclusion or continuation of discussion and re-raise concerns if necessary.

Darren

________________________________
From: Srcomp <[email-masked]> on behalf of Weiqiang Cheng <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:27:03 AM
To: 'Chengli (Cheng Li)' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Cheng,

Good point.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

Hi Team,

Thanks,

Cheng

---

From: "Weiqiang Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 17:46:14 +0800

Hi Daren,

We can do it. 

In parallel, we can consider to make a table to track the progress of the
discussion.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

发件人: Srcomp [mailto:[email-masked]] 代表 Darren Dukes (ddukes)
发送时间: 2020年8月5日 10:20
收件人: Weiqiang Cheng; 'Chengli (Cheng Li)'; [email-masked]
主题: Re: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

I suggest that we use the revision field of our email subjects to post what
we believe is the agreed upon text of requirements. This allows others to
focus on it as the conclusion or continuation of discussion and re-raise
concerns if necessary. 

Darren

  _____  

From: Srcomp <[email-masked]> on behalf of Weiqiang Cheng
<chengweiqiang@chinamobile..com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:27:03 AM
To: 'Chengli (Cheng Li)' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion? 

Hi Cheng,

Good point.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

Hi Team,

Thanks,

Cheng

---

From: "Weiqiang Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 18:36:15 +0800

Hi Team,

In order to improve the efficiency of discussion, I prepared a excel table
to trace the status of each requirement item.

We can have some discussion on it today.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

---

From: "Darren Dukes (ddukes)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2020 12:14:07 +0000

Thanks Weiqiang.

I think both are great.

Darren

________________________________
From: Weiqiang Cheng <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 5, 2020 5:46:14 AM
To: Darren Dukes (ddukes) <[email-masked]>; 'Chengli (Cheng Li)' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: 答复: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Daren,

We can do it.

In parallel, we can consider to make a table to track the progress of the discussion.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

Darren

From: Srcomp <[email-masked]> on behalf of Weiqiang Cheng <chengweiqiang@chinamobile..com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 4, 2020 12:27:03 AM
To: 'Chengli (Cheng Li)' <[email-masked]>; [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Srcomp] Where is the end of a discussion?

Hi Cheng,

Good point.

B.R.

Weiqiang Cheng

Hi Team,

Thanks,

Cheng