Subject: [Srcomp] Summay of the SRCOMP design team

From: "Weiqiang Cheng" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2021 10:07:33 +0800

Dear all,

After a year of hard working, the SRCOMP design team almost completed the
expected tasks, and here we would like to make a brief summary.

The goal of the design team

The design team's goal is to produce (rough) consensus (of the DT) outputs
to the WG on two related topics [1]:

1) What are the requirements for solutions to compressed segment routing
information for use over IPv6;

2) An analysis of proposed approaches to compressing         segment routing
information for use over IPv6.

What we have achieved:

The DT members have exchanged over 1000 emails in the mailing list since the
first email sent in SRCOMP mailing list at July 17th, 2020 [2]. After nearly
100 meetings (once or twice meeting per week at the past year), the DT
members finally generated the required two documents as planned. The first
revision of draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-requirement[3] was submitted
at Oct 30th,  2020, and the first revision of
draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-analysis [4] was submitted at Feb 19th,
2021.

After several updates, the complete and stable revision of the
requirements[3] and analysis drafts[4] had been updated at July 8th , 2021. 

We believe the content of these two drafts can be a good input to the SPRING
WG. Many thanks for the patience from anybody. 

Acknowledgements:

We would like to thank all the members of the design team:

Ron Bonica(Juniper), Weiqiang Cheng(China Mobile), Darren Dukes(Cisco), Wim
Henderickx(Nokia),Cheng Li(Huawei), Shaofu Peng(ZTE),Sander Steffann(SJM
Steffann), and Chongfeng Xie(China Telecom) (in alphabetical order) 

Next Step:

Looking forward to the comments for the requirements draft[3] and analysis
draft[4].

[1].
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/e-c
98UhIyMu7MmLuTXvBE2cXCug/__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!SfCb0RFxXj2ZhKjlnZuFLcISvmu6xpRkrt
we6QKtF2Ilb3HkssWQkssu7mddigOV$>
https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/spring/e-c98UhIyMu7MmLuTXvBE2cXCug/

[2].
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/srcomp/
__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!SfCb0RFxXj2ZhKjlnZuFLcISvmu6xpRkrtwe6QKtF2Ilb3HkssWQkssu7lG
PpV6y$> https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/browse/srcomp/

[3].
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srcompdt-
spring-compression-requirement__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!SfCb0RFxXj2ZhKjlnZuFLcISvmu6x
pRkrtwe6QKtF2Ilb3HkssWQkssu7j8Fjyrm$>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-requireme
nt

[4].
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https:/datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srcompdt-
spring-compression-analysis__;!!NEt6yMaO-gk!SfCb0RFxXj2ZhKjlnZuFLcISvmu6xpRk
rtwe6QKtF2Ilb3HkssWQkssu7tpAwlvQ$>
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-srcompdt-spring-compression-analysis

Best regards,

Weiqiang Cheng on behalf of SRCOMP design team