Subject: [Supa] [FORGED] Re: REVISED DRAFT paragraphs on 'future of SUPA WG'

From: Nevil Brownlee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2017 08:19:38 +1300

Hi all:

I'll get the SUPA minutes online real soon now, but first, here's
a brief summary of them ...

At the SUPA WG at IETF 98 (Tuesday, 28 March) we discussed the
progress of the WG.  Benoit (our AD) summed up the situation, pointing
out that our drafts are not updated very frequently, and that the SUPA
mailing list has been very quiet between meetings.

At the meeting the authors of the SUPA Information model and the SUPA
Data Model drafts said that those drafts should be ready for WG Last
Call by 1 June, so that they could be sent to IESG for approval by
about 1 July.

After summing up the pros and cons for SUPA continuing, Benoit
concluded by saying that the WG will be closed at IETF 99 (Prague, 16
July) unless there is substantive progress on the Information Model
and especially on the Data Model drafts by one month before the Prague
meeting.  'Substantive progress' here means seeing comments on and/or
reviews of these drafts demonstrating that people - outside the small
group of authors - have carefully read the drafts, or better, that they
are actually using SUPA's Information and Data Models.

Cheers, Nevil

-- 
---------------------------------------------------------------------
  Nevil Brownlee                    Computer Science Department | ITS
  Phone: +64 9 373 7599 x88941             The University of Auckland
  FAX: +64 9 373 7453   Private Bag 92019, Auckland 1142, New Zealand