Subject: protocol theology discussion mailing list

From: Ian Heavens <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 13:12:18 +0000

Excuse me if this is somewhat off-topic (is the end2-end list still
in use?  Perhaps someone could post it there), but I've started the
following mailing list:

[email-masked]

Charter: to discuss the pros and cons of good protocol design,
with reference to their origins and development (XNS, SNA, OSI,
TCP/IP, SS7, etc.).  Starting point: the reissue of Michael
Padlipsky's 1985 treatise on the subject, "The Elements
of Networking Style" ($19.95)  
http://www.iuniverse.com/marketplace/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0%2D595%2D08879%2D1).

To subscribe: Send "subscribe protocol-theology" to [email-masked]

cheers
ian

-- 
Ian Heavens, Spider Software Ltd., http://www.spider.com/
8 John's Place, Leith, Edinburgh EH6 7EL. 
Tel +44 131 475 7015 fax. +44 131 475 7001  [email-masked]