Subject: Connection Establishment

From: Sebastian Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Feb 2002 15:11:25 +0100

Hello,

I would like to ask for some help with correct connection establishment:

1st case: the client does the active open, server sends data (payload)

    - client sends SYN
    - server sends SYN-ACK
    - client sends ACK
    - server sends data

I assume, that this is correct. But what happens in the

2nd case: the server does the active open and sends data

    - server sends SYN
    - client sends SYN+ACK
    - server sends ACK

And now the question:

    May the server send the data already with the final ACK of the 
connection establishment (piggyback), or must it send two packets (ACK 
and data), or must it wait for the clients ACK of the ACK (and then send 
data)?

Thanks for your help

   Sebastian

---

From: "D'laila Pereira" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2002 14:59:44 -0600 (CST)

Hi

I am not sure if this is the right newsgroup to ask . But I amlooking for
information about client-server design issues, and architecture?
especially designing scalable web servers.

Can anyone point out the right newsgroup for this?

thanks