Subject: VTC 2003 Spring - Call for Paper

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 2002 19:29:05 +0900

Our apologies if you receive multiple postings of this Call for Papers

call for papers<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

VTC 2003-Spring

IEEE Semiannual Vehicular Technology Conference

 April 21-24, 2003, International Convention Center, Jeju, Korea

http:// www.vtc2003spring.org <http://www.vtc2003spring.org> 

 

The VTC 2003-Spring Conference, to be held in Jeju Island, Korea, aims
to capture and present the current and innovative ideas to highly active
mobile wireless society. Our objective is to provide the
state-of-the-art wireless technology and a glimpse for the future of
this exciting field both in academia and industries. Over 500 full
technical papers and posters are expected to be presented, along with
tutorials, business application/panel sessions and exhibits. Authors are
invited to submit extended abstracts describing original research
results, innovative applications and developments, as well as
experimental or field trial/test results in the following mentioned, but
are not limited to, fields of wireless communication.

§ Antennas and Propagation (01): Space-time processing, Smart antennas,
Channel modeling, Prediction tools, Indoor propagation

§ Wireless Access (02): Spread-spectrum technology, OFDM, Multi-carrier
modulation, Medium access control protocols, Channel
assignment/reservation schemes

§ Transmission Technology (03): Modulation, Source/Channel coding,
Interference rejection techniques, Equalization, Synchronization,
Multi-user detection, Software radio, Transceiver Design, Turbo coding,
Transmit diversity, MIMO systems

§ Multimedia, Networks and Systems (04): Mobile multimedia technology,
Quality of service assurance, Ad-hoc networks, Mobile
data/computing/navigation networks, Wireless ATM, Enhanced mobility IP,
Bluetooth, IEEE 802.11, Wireless e-commerce

§ Wireless Personal Communication Systems (05): 3.5G and 4G
Technologies, Broadband mobile communication systems, LMDS, Cellular
technology, Bluetooth technology, Location techniques, Systems
integration issues

§ Mobile Satellite (06): Mobile satellite communications, GPS,
LEO/MEO/GEO systems, Navigation

§ Transportation (07): Intelligent transportation/vehicle systems,
Satellite digital audio radio system, Vehicular electronics

PAPER SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors must submit an extended abstract (up to 2 pages) at the same
time of their short abstract submission (approx. 150 words). Forms for
submission are soft copy in MS Word, PDF or PS file formats. The
submission must include the name, complete mailing address, telephone
and fax numbers, the designation number of the Technical Subject Area of
the paper and the email address of the author(s). 

e
PANEL SESSIONS & TUTORIALS

Proposals for Tutorials and Panel sessions are also accepted in the VTC
2003-Spring. Tutorials (Half-day or Full-day sessions) that are intended
to provide in-depth learning on a specific topic of interest to the
participants. Panel sessions are 90 minutes long. They present leaders
in a particular area discussing a topic of interest to the attendees of
VTC 2003-Spring. There is usually significant audience participation in
Panel sessions. Proposals for Tutorials and Panel sessions should
consist of a 250 word summary, a 100 word abstract, and a cover page
listing the details of the author(s) as given above. Summaries should be
submitted electronically (MS Word, PDF or PS) by September 15, 2002.
Submissions should be made at the website “http:// www.vtc2003spring.org
<http://www.vtc2003spring.org/> 

IMPORTANT DATES

July   15, 2002          First date for submission of abstracts 

Sept. 15, 2002          Last date for submission of abstracts

Dec.  15, 2002          Notification of acceptance

Feb.  15, 2003          Last date for submission of camera-ready version
of accepted papers

GENERAL CHAIR                                                 TECHNICAL
PROGRAM CHAIR

Prof. Jae Hong Lee                                             Prof.
Youngnam Han

School of Electrical Engineering                              School of
Engineering

Seoul National University
Information and Communications University (ICU)

Shinrim-dong San, Kwanak-gu, Seoul, Korea            P.O. Box 77 Yusong,
Daejeon, Korea

E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>
E-mail: [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]>