Subject: CFP Special Issue MONET on Integration of Heterogenous Wireless Technologies

From: "Erdal CAYIRCI" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2002 14:35:33 +0300

Our apologies if you have received multiple copies of this CFP.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kluwer Academic Publishers in cooperation with ACM announce a

Special Issue of the Journal on Special Topics in Mobile Networking and
Applications (MONET)
On INTEGRATION Of  HETEROGENOUS WIRELESS TECHNOLOGIES

http://www.kluweronline.com/issn/1383-469X

With Guest Editors

Dr. Hongyi Wu
Center for Advanced Computer Studies
Univ. of Louisiana at Lafayette
TEL: 337-482-5779FAX: 337-482-5791
[email-masked]

Dr. Chunming Qiao
Dept. of Computer Science and Eng.State
Univ. of New York at Buffalo
TEL: 716-645-3180 ext.140FAX: 716-645-3464
[email-masked]

Dr. Sudhir Dixit
Nokia Research Center
Burlington, MA 01803
TEL: 781-993-4607FAX: 781-993-1907
[email-masked]

Dr. Erdal Cayirci
Computer Engineering Department
Yeditepe University
TEL: 404-894-6616FAX: 404-894-7883
[email-masked]

OVERVIEW

Various wireless technologies and systems have been developed over the
years, and all signs are indicating that many more are yet to come. For
instance, traditional cellular systems have successfully provided voice
services since the first analog system was introduced several decades ago.
Satellite systems have also been used extensively in various military and
commercial applications. Recently, with the growth of the mobile Internet,
and the use of wireless technology in our daily life, wireless LANs, ad hoc
networks, Bluetooth, home RF networks, and sensor networks are attracting
more and more attention from both industrial and academic researchers.

The mushrooming of these heterogeneous wireless technologies calls for the
ubiquitous and integrated wireless infrastructures to make the communication
system robust and efficient. While the existing wireless networks have been
extensively studied individually, the integrated wireless system brings new
challenges in system management, protocol design, performance evaluation,
QoS support, etc.

With this special issue we aim at bringing together state-of-the-art
contributions in this emerging area of integrated heterogeneous wireless
technologies that range from papers that report novel research to papers
that describe commercial and industrial experiences. We are seeking for
papers that are original, unpublished, and not currently under review by
other conference, workshop, or journal. Topics of interest include, but are
not limited to the following, with particular emphasis on the integration of
heterogeneous wireless technologies:

·System architecture
·Interoperation between wired, terrestrial wireless and satellite networks
·Hybrid cellular systems, wireless LANs, ad hoc/sensor networks, Bluetooth
·Location, Mobility and Handoff Management
·System modeling and performance evaluation
·Security and Privacy
·Applications
·Protocol design, analysis, and optimization
·Routing (including multicasting and broadcasting)&Energy efficient,
self-organizing and resilient protocols&Medium access control protocols &
TCP/IP over integrated wireless networks
·Congestion, admission, and flow control
·Quality of service in the hybrid networks
·Implementation and testbed experiments

PUBLICATION SCHEDULE

·MANUSCRIPT DUE: Feb. 1, 2003
·ACCEPTANCE NOTIFICATION: May 1, 2003
·FINAL MANUSCRIPT DUE: July 1, 2003
·EXPECTED PUBLICATION DATE: Fourth Quarter, 2003

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES

Authors should email an electronic (Postscript or PDF) copy of their papers
to Dr. Hongyi Wu, [email-masked], by Feb. 1, 2003. Submissions should
be limited to 20 double space pages excluding figures, graphs and
illustrations. If email submission is impossible then six (6) copies of the
paper (double-sided if possible) should be sent by the due date to Dr.
Hongyi Wu. All submissions will be reviewed following the standard
procedure.