Subject: Problem in using SNOOP protocol Implementation

From: Rahul Chaudhary <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2002 12:29:47 +0800 (GMT-8)

Hi all, 

I am trying to use the SNOOP protocol implementation (for
FreeBSD), which is given at 
http://nms.lcs.mit.edu/software/snoop/
The implementation provides files which are to be replaced in directories
like "/usr/src/sys/netinet" , "/usr/src/sys/sys".
I have replaced the original files (tcp_input.c, tcp_var.h,
tcp_usrreqs.c, tcp.h, etc.>  in the above mentioned directories
with the new files given in this implementation. 
While trying to build the kernel with these new files the compilation
fails.
The errors which i get during compilation are :

---------------------------------------------------
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: 'tcp_input' undeclared here (not in a
function)
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: initializer element is not constant
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: (near initialization for
'inetsw[2].pr_input')
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: 'tcp_ctlinput' undeclared here (not
in a
function)
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: initializer element is not constant
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: (near initialization for
'inetsw[2].pr_ctlinput')
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: 'tcp_ctloutput' undeclared here
(not in a
function)
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: initializer element is not constant
/usr/src/sys/netinet/in_proto.c:108: (near initialization for
'inetsw[2].pr_ctlouotput')

--------------------------------------------------------

The compilation stops after these errors.
Kindly advice me on the probable reason for this problem and the
solution.
Thanks in Advance.

Rahul Chaudhary
Research Scholar
Center for Internet Research
School of Computing
National University of Singapore
Singapore-119260
email- [email-masked]