Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-02.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 16:21:04 -0800

FYI.

I tried to nail things down a bit more and give justification for the 
existing algorithmic components and limits to some of the parameters; 
this should be a lot less vague, IMO.

If anyone has specific suggestions on issues to address, text to add, or 
changes to the proposed algorithm, please post.

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-02.txt
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 14:26:54 -0800
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw-02.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-touch-tcpm-automatic-iw
Revision:	 02
Title:		 Automating the Initial Window in TCP
Creation date:	 2012-01-17
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10

Abstract:
    The Initial Window (IW) provides the starting point for TCP&#39;s
    feedback-based congestion control algorithm. Its value has increased
    over time to increase performance and to reflect increased
    capability of Internet devices. This document describes a mechanism
    to adjust the IW over long timescales, to make future changes more
    safely deployed and to potentially avoid reexamination of this value
    in the future.

The IETF Secretariat