Subject: [tcpm] Update of the tcp-security I-D

From: Fernando Gont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2012 22:44:52 -0300

Folks,

I've posted an update of the aforementioned I-D. Some of the big changes
are:

* The document track has been changed from BCP to Informational

* Lots of text has been removed from the document -- particularly that
which repeated or summarized stuff already present in the RFC series

* Those parts that fitted into bcp/std track have been extracted, and
will be published in stand-alone documents, such that rather than having
a large document updating lots of specs, we have small and manageable
documents making small updates to the specs.

* There's still quite a bit of polishing to do in the document (in
general), and the last sections in particular (Section >9) need heavy
editing -- but hopefully it is more clear now where we're heading (and
hopefully there's better consensus in that area).

Any feedback on the general approach will be welcomed.

Regarding the technical contents, since there's quite a bit of stuff to
discuss, I'd appreciate if the technical discussion focused on each of
the spin-off documents rather than on draft-ietf-tcpm-tcp-security
(which I plan rev again soon).

Thanks!

Best regards,
-- 
Fernando Gont
e-mail: [email-masked] || [email-masked]
PGP Fingerprint: 7809 84F5 322E 45C7 F1C9 3945 96EE A9EF D076 FFF1