Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:14:30 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Increasing TCP's Initial Window
	Author(s)       : Jerry Chu
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Matt Mathis
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-04.txt
	Pages           : 24
	Date            : 2012-06-28

Abstract:
   This document proposes an experiment to increase the permitted TCP
   initial window (IW) from between 2 and 4 segments, as specified in
   RFC 3390, to 10 segments, with a fallback to the existing
   recommendation when performance issues are detected. It discusses the
   motivation behind the increase, the advantages and disadvantages of
   the higher initial window, and presents results from several large
   scale experiments showing that the higher initial window improves the
   overall performance of many web services without resulting in a
   congestion collapse. The document closes with a discussion of usage
   and deployment for further experimental purpose recommended by the
   IETF TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions (TCPM) working group.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-04

A diff from previous version is available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-04

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Jerry Chu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 19:24:06 -0700

Draft revision for WGLC - changes are concentrated in Abstract, Section 1
Introduction, Section 7 Disadvantages of Larger Initial Windows for the Network,
and Section 12 Usage and Deployment Recommendations.

Jerry

On Thu, Jun 28, 2012 at 7:14 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm