Subject: [tcpm] RFC 6691 on TCP Options and Maximum Segment Size (MSS)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2012 13:28:06 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6691

        Title:      TCP Options and Maximum Segment 
                    Size (MSS) 
        Author:     D. Borman
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       July 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      9
        Characters: 16707
        Updates:    RFC0879, RFC2385

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-tcpmss-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6691.txt

This memo discusses what value to use with the TCP Maximum Segment
Size (MSS) option, and updates RFC 879 and RFC 2385.  This document 
is not an Internet Standards Track specification; it is published for 
informational purposes.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC