Subject: [tcpm] WG Last Call: draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2012 02:28:25 -0700

Hi Folks,

We decide to start a WG last call on draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd.
Since there has been lots of discussions on this draft, we'll run for
longer than usual - until July 30th.
This means we can make some time at Vancouver if critical points are
raised during the last call.

Please provide your comments before the deadline.

Thanks,
--
tcpm co-chairs

--------------------------------
A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Increasing TCP's Initial Window
        Author(s)       : Jerry Chu
                          Nandita Dukkipati
                          Yuchung Cheng
                          Matt Mathis
        Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-initcwnd-04.txt
        Pages           : 24
        Date            : 2012-06-28

Abstract:
   This document proposes an experiment to increase the permitted TCP
   initial window (IW) from between 2 and 4 segments, as specified in
   RFC 3390, to 10 segments, with a fallback to the existing
   recommendation when performance issues are detected. It discusses the
   motivation behind the increase, the advantages and disadvantages of
   the higher initial window, and presents results from several large
   scale experiments showing that the higher initial window improves the
   overall performance of many web services without resulting in a
   congestion collapse. The document closes with a discussion of usage
   and deployment for further experimental purpose recommended by the
   IETF TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions (TCPM) working group.