Subject: [tcpm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-03.txt> (Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 06:46:47 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the TCP Maintenance and Minor
Extensions WG (tcpm) to consider the following document:
- 'Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options'
  <draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-12-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the experimental TCP option codepoints
   can support concurrent use through the use of a magic number. This
   mechanism avoids the need for a coordinated registry and is
   backward-compatible with currently known uses. It is recommended for
   all new TCP options that use these codepoints.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.