Subject: [tcpm] A new Internet draft for TCP Cubic - Version 04

From: Lisong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Feb 2017 22:32:46 -0600

Greetings,

We just submitted a new Internet draft for TCP CUBIC available at the 
following link

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/

In this version, we made the following changes based on the comments 
received on [email-masked] in December 2016 and January 2017.

Change 1: explicitly describe the CUBIC behavior in response to ECN as 
suggested by Yuchung Cheng. Thanks, Yuchung!

Section 3.1:
t is "measured right after the fast recovery in response to duplicate 
ACKs or after the congestion window reduction in response to ECN-Echo ACKs"

Section 3.1:
"when a packet loss detected by duplicate ACKs or a network congestion 
detected by ECN-Echo ACKs occurs, CUBIC reduces ...."

Section 3.5:
"When a packet loss detected by duplicate ACKs or a network congestion 
detected by ECN-Echo ACKs occurs, CUBIC updates ...."

Change 2:  editorial changes as suggested by Michael Scharf. Thanks, 
Michael!

* move part of the abstract to the introduction to have a shorter abstract
* re-organize the long introduction section into two sections
* explain the structure of section 5 -- RFC 5033
* add more discussion to section 5.5 - Investigating a Range of Environments
"Same as Standard TCP, CUBIC is a loss-based congestion control 
algorithm. Therefore, CUBIC, which is designed to be more aggressive 
than Standard TCP in fast and long distance networks, can fill large 
drop-tail buffers more quickly than Standard TCP. In this case, proper 
queue sizing and management <RFC7567> could be used to reduce the packet 
queueing delay."

Thanks
Lisong

---

From: "Scharf, Michael (Nokia - DE)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2017 06:57:07 +0000

Hi Lisong,

Thanks for addressing my comments.

Michael

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Lisong Xu [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Sunday, February 05, 2017 5:33 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]
> Subject: A new Internet draft for TCP Cubic - Version 04
> 
> Greetings,
>