Subject: [tcpm] WGLC completion of DCTCP

From: "Scharf, Michael (Nokia - DE/Stuttgart)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2017 20:22:44 +0000

Folks,

Could the contributors who have commented during the WGLC please have a look at -05 and let us know if the comments are sufficiently addressed?

Thanks

Michael

-----Original Message-----
From: tcpm [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Montag, 27. März 2017 17:58
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-05.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Datacenter TCP (DCTCP): TCP Congestion Control for Datacenters
        Authors         : Stephen Bensley
                          Dave Thaler
                          Praveen Balasubramanian
                          Lars Eggert
                          Glenn Judd
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-05.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2017-03-27

Abstract:
   This informational memo describes Datacenter TCP (DCTCP), an
   improvement to TCP congestion control for datacenter traffic.  DCTCP
   uses improved Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) processing to
   estimate the fraction of bytes that encounter congestion, rather than
   simply detecting that some congestion has occurred.  DCTCP then
   scales the TCP congestion window based on this estimate.  This method
   achieves high burst tolerance, low latency, and high throughput with
   shallow-buffered switches.  This memo also discusses deployment
   issues related to the coexistence of DCTCP and conventional TCP, the
   lack of a negotiating mechanism between sender and receiver, and
   presents some possible mitigations.  DCTCP as described in this draft
   is applicable to deployments in controlled environments like
   datacenters but it MUST NOT be deployed over the public Internet
   without additional measures, as detailed in Section 5.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-dctcp-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm