Subject: [tcpm] Document Action: 'CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2017 14:23:26 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'CUBIC for Fast Long-Distance Networks'
  (draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic-07.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Mirja Kühlewind and Spencer Dawkins.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/

Technical Summary

   This document describes CUBIC which is a congestion control algorithm
   used in TCP. CUBIC modifies the standard congestion control mechanism in 
   TCP in order to address low utilization issues for networks with large BDP.
   CUBIC is well deployed in the current Internet since it has been used as
   the default congestion control scheme in Linux. The objective of the draft 
   is to document the mechanism of CUBIC in Linux code as an informational RFC.

Working Group Summary

   The TCPM working group has discussed how to document CUBIC mechanism 
   and reached the consensus to describe what is currently implemented as an
   informational RFC. While the WG spent two year to discuss the draft, no major 
   controversial point has been raised during this process.

Document Quality

   The draft has been reviewed and discussed by various participants in the WG 
   including experts from Linux kernel development community which have been 
   useful to adjust the description of detailed logics.

Personnel

  The document shepherd is Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>.
  The responsible Area Director is Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>.