Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2017 06:30:59 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : TCP Alternative Backoff with ECN (ABE)
        Authors         : Naeem Khademi
                          Michael Welzl
                          Grenville Armitage
                          Godred Fairhurst
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-04.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2017-11-15

Abstract:
   Recent Active Queue Management (AQM) mechanisms allow for burst
   tolerance while enforcing short queues to minimise the time that
   packets spend enqueued at a bottleneck.  This can cause noticeable
   performance degradation for TCP connections traversing such a
   bottleneck, especially if they are only a few or their bandwidth-
   delay-product is large.  An Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN)
   signal indicates that an AQM mechanism is used at the bottleneck, and
   therefore the bottleneck network queue is likely to be short.  This
   document therefore proposes an update to the TCP sender-side ECN
   reaction in congestion avoidance to reduce the Congestion Window
   (cwnd) by a smaller amount than the congestion control algorithm's
   reaction to inferred packet loss.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-04
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-04

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-alternativebackoff-ecn-04

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/