Subject: [tcpm] CUBIC Internet Draft - version 7

From: Lisong Xu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Nov 2017 13:51:17 -0600

Greetings,

We just submitted a new Internet draft for TCP CUBIC available at the 
following link

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-cubic/

In this version, we made the following changes based on the comments 
received on [email-masked] after September 2017.

* fixed some typo and grammatical errors
* reworded some sentences and paragraphs
* changed Section 4.5 to ensure that slow start threshold is at least 2 MSS
* replaced all ``loss event'' with ``congestion event'' to be consistent 
and more accurate for ECN
* replaced all ``bandwidth share'' with ``throughput ratios'' to be clearer

* Mirja's comments on 9/18/2017
    + called CUBIC a congestion control algorithm, instead of a protocol
    + some other editorial changes: like adding more references to ECN, 
fast recovery, timeout.

* Qin's comments on 9/23/2017
    + Revised Section 5.10 "Incremental Deployment" to specific that 
CUBIC does not make any change to TCP receivers.
    + (major revision) Revised Section 3 to better explain the convex 
increase functions, to summarize the design principles, to more clearly 
describe the RTT fairness.
    + Revised Tables 1 and 2 to be consistent

* Sean's comments on 9/26/2017
    + Revised Section 6 to add RFC5681 for TCP security discussion

* Mirja's comments on 9/26/2017
    + Revised Section 4.7 to more clearly describe the timeout behaviors

* Hiren's comments on 10/3/2017
    + Revised Section 4.8 to more clearly describe the slow start behaviors

* Spencer's comments on 10/10/2017
    + (major revision) revised Section 3 to more clearly describe the 
TCP friendliness
    + fixed typo and many other editorial changes

* Benoit's comments on 10/11/2017
    + addressed Qin's comments

* Ben's comments on 10/11/2017
    + clarified the relation between the draft and original CUBIC paper

* Qin's comments on 10/31/2017
    + replaced all "window growth rate" with "window increase rate" to 
avoid confusion

Thanks
Lisong