Subject: [Techspec] Requirement about pre-aaproved (or consensus reached) text in doc uments

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 21:58:38 +0100

Not sure how to word this. But I think we have a requirement that
the RFC-editing/publication function does leave alone text in
approved internet-drafts that has been "pre-approved" or has reached
"wide consensus" before the doc gets to the Approved state.

Examples are MIB boilerplate or Security Considerations for MIB
documents. Other examples could be text that has been agreed in a
WG after serious discussions on the exact wording. Yet other examples
are text that has been reviewied and "approved" of "OK-ed" by for
example Jorge (in case of legal text).

Bert

p.s.
We may need to specify (at some point after we agree on the requirements)
that we want to specifically tag such text, or have some means to convey
the fact of such text in a specific document.

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec