Subject: [Techspec] Re: RFC Author Count and IPR

From: Bob Braden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 12:16:50 -0700 (PDT)

In case anyone is unsure, the actual policy being followed by
the RFC Editor will be found at:

   http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.authlist

Bob Braden for the RFC Editor

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec

---

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 05:39:59 -0600

>    http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.authlist

Bob,

  How does this policy relate to the one found at:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/policy.html#policy.auth2

The "Author Overload" policy says that 'contact addresses may also be
included in the Contributors section for those contributors whose
knowledge makes them useful future contacts for information about the
RFC'; the "Authors vs. Contributors" policy says 'can/should the
Contributors section include contact information? With the
clarification above, it should be clear that the answer will be: "No,
contact information should be in the Contact Information section."'

Of course, that "will be" is predicated on the proposed renaming of
"Authors' Addresses" to "Contact Information"; perhaps since that
hasn't happened it can be assumed that the statement in the "Author
Overload" policy is the one currently in force, but I find it a little
confusing to have these apparently-contradictory statements on the
same page.

Thanks,
  Bill