Subject: [Techspec] Editorial notes on draft-mankin-pub-req-08.txt

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:38:46 -0700

PrecFrom [email-masked] Wed May 24 14:40:51 2006
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:15:44 -0700
To: [email-masked]
From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Techspec] When to do pre-edit

In section 3.1:
    o  Req-PREEDIT-1: The IETF technical publisher should perform an
       editorial review of documents before WG last call and provide
       feedback to the authors to improve quality of the documents.  This
       review should strive to maintain consistency in appearance with
       previously published documents.
This requirement might be modified to read "...documents before or 
during WG last call...", because some WG chairs may not know when a 
document is ready for WG last call until the last minute, and making 
them wait for the WG last call could be inappropriate. The technical 
publisher should help WG chairs understand that doing this review 
during WG last call could result in many more changes than they 
expected, but still let the WG chairs make the decision when to have 
the review done.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec