Subject: [Techspec] Validation of formal languages

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 11:36:50 -0700

Section 3.5 that seems out of place in that it is the only part of 
this document that says "the IETF technical publisher will review 
this part of documents for technical correctness". It makes sense to 
say "if automated tools are available to check formal languages, the 
IETF technical publisher should run the tools late in the editing 
process", but not to make it seem like that validation is the job of 
the technical publisher.

This section might also add a requirement that the IETF technical 
publisher should not change any examples (changing words, 
reformatting with line breaks, and so on) without explicitly alerting 
the document authors. Some formal languages are quite sensitive to 
byte counts and line breaks.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Techspec mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/techspec