Subject: [Tools-discuss] xml2rfc plugin for XMLMind XML Editor

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:39:51 -0500

Folks,

  I decided to try actually writing something in the xml2rfc format;
however, I got irritated when I had to write "&amp;" in my organization
name in my usual XML editor (vi).  So, I looked around for something
else; I picked XMLMind's XML editor since it's written in java (so
should be cross-platform) and supports plugins (for WYSIKN authoring).
A 0.1 release is available at:

http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-xxe-0.1.zip

Unzip this file in your local xxe configuration directory
(~/.xxe2/config/ on UNIX and Mac; C:\Documents and Settings\user\xxe2\config\
in Windows) and opening files with the system DTD definition (or using
the "New..." template) should give you my plugin.

Disclaimer: I know way too little about XML, XPath, CSS and Java to have
put something like this together.  I will certainly accept bug reports,
but can't promise that I can figure out what to do with them ;-)

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 15:33:17 -0800

I've released a version 0.2 of my plugin; it's fairly usable now
so I probably won't do too much more in the short term.  So that I
don't keep spamming the list, I set up a web page for it:

http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/xml2rfc-xxe/

  Bill