Subject: [Tools-discuss] Mangling of Internet-drafts getting worse...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 17:39:21 +0200

Hi,

I've sort of gotten used to having two empty lines between 
paragraphs, and I never submit multiple drafts in one e-mail, 
but now it's getting worse:

In (at least) draft-ietf-aaa-eap-10 and draft-ietf-tls-psk-03, 
all circumflex characters have been stripped. This turned e.g. 
"2^32" (two to the 32th power) to "232" (two hundred and thirty
two).

In addition to this, there are less serious differences: all 
the formfeeds are missing, and in draft-ietf-tls-psk-03, three 
newlines were added in the middle of three different lines 
(each instance was separated by almost exactly 8000 characters, 
which probably isn't a coincidence). 

The other differences don't really matter, but the circumflex
is something I'd like to get fixed. Any ideas how to do it?

As far as I can tell, the attachment is OK when it leaves
my system (Content-Disposition is set to "attachment", 
Content-Type is "text/plain", Content-Transfer-Encoding
is base64). And when I send the message to my other mailbox, 
PINE can read and save it just fine (with all circumflexes 
and formfeeds intact).

Needless to say, I support having a web-based submission 
interface  in the future... but I'm wondering if accepting 
ZIP files would be a reasonable temporary fix until we have 
the new system in place? (At least they have a CRC32 checksum
which should detect accidental modifications.)

Best regards,
Pasi

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Alex Rousskov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 14:40:06 -0700 (MST)

> is something I'd like to get fixed. Any ideas how to do it?

I would send a URL or a compressed file, along with the explanation 
why you are doing it. Since submission is handled by friendly humans, 
they can handle interface exceptions easily.

Alex.