Subject: [Tools-discuss] RE: Tools team work items

From: Eric Burger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 16:27:15 -0500

In both lemonade and speechsc, we've followed the lead of
sip/sipping/simple/xcon and setup a supplementary work group web site, where
people can get all of the materials real-time.

An IETF hosted webdav might just be the trick.  The key is the chairs need
pretty unrestricted update access to the website to make it work.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Paul Hoffman / VPNC [mailto:[email-masked]]
> Sent: Wednesday, November 17, 2004 2:17 PM
> To: Aaron Falk; [email-masked]
> Cc: WG Chairs
> Subject: Re: Tools team work items
> 
> 
> At 9:27 AM -0800 11/17/04, Aaron Falk wrote:
> >- a way for wg chairs to put up meeting agendas themselves (up to the
> >   last minute).  Relying on secretariat support for this while they
> >   are working an IETF meeting seems not to work for understandable
> >   reasons.  Groups with late-changing agendas either don't have any
> >   agenda listed or one which is incorrect.  This seems fairly
> >   important to me and I'd put it near the top of the list.
> 
> +1. The folks running the meeting have enough minute-to-minute hotel 
> issues to deal with.
> 
> >- a place for wg chairs/presenters to drop presentation files (up to
> >   the last minute).  Currently this is done very adhoc, if at all.
> >   It's worth noting that Lisa Dusseault is making a webdav space
> >   available for this purpose (see her recent note to the IETF list).
> >   I haven't played with it enough to say whether I think that is the
> >   best long term solution or whether it needs some additional
> >   development.  Since Lisa has a tool out there, I don't see this as
> >   urgent but it should probably be on the list so it can be
> >   evaluated.
> 
> +1. This would allow chairs at the beginning of the meeting to say 
> "go look *here* for the slides" and know they're available to 
> everyone. This might help prevent some of the picture-taking of the 
> screen (might not, of course). It also will help alleviate "could you 
> go back three slides, I'm not sure I understood it" style questions.
> 
> --Paul Hoffman, Director
> --VPN Consortium
> 

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 15:27:38 -0800

> pretty unrestricted update access to the website to make it work.

Eric-

I'm attaching the email that Lisa sent out last week.  She is eager to
hear feedback from users.

--aaron

Subject: WebDAV server for sharing WG presentations
From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 07:41:09 -0800
List-Id: <ietf_censored.vesuvio.ipv6.tilab.com>

I've previously announced the availability of this server to WG Chairs, 
now to announce it more widely:

http://ietf.webdav.org

There are already a few WG directories on this server such as

http://ietf.webdav.org/webdav
http://ietf.webdav.org/enum

If you have presentation material or meeting notes to share with other 
IETF participants, ask me for an account (tell me what userid you would 
prefer and what WG you participate in).  I am also happy to create 
top-level directories for each working group if a chair makes that 
request of me.

I also use this server to coordinate edits to my documents with 
co-authors, granting each of them permission to write the document and 
making it world-readable.  If you do this I recommend to turn on 
versioning on a resource, then comparing versions becomes possible.  I 
have signed up for email notification when one of my co-authors changes 
the document, too.

There are many other uses for the server, it's a general file-sharing 
or simple content-management server, supporting WebDAV -- so you can 
synchronize content locally using a tool like 'sitecopy' or browse 
using the Windows or Mac OS/X native WebDAV client software.  The 
server is hosted by UCSC, software donated by Xythos, and hardware 
purchased by myself.

Lisa

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
_______________________________________________
This message was passed through [email-masked], which is a sublist of [email-masked]. Not all messages are passed. Decisions on what to pass are made solely by IETF_CENSORED ML Administrator ([email-masked]).
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss