Subject: [Tools-discuss] wishlist item: archive spam cleaner

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2005 15:19:58 -0800

Hi-

I wish there was a nice tool for cleaning spam entries from list
archives.  Some of the IRTF RG list archives at ietf.org have been
horribly corrupted.  See, e.g.,
http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg-announce/current/ 

--aaron

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:38:51 +0100

Hi Aaron,

> http://www1.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/asrg-announce/current/ 

Awful.

I think this may be well handled by a small script run locally on
the mail archiving machine, as a one-time measure, once the primary
problem of mail being accepted directly to the archives is fixed.

I suspect that the people administering the mail servers should
be able to put one together without too much effort, but if that
isn't the case I can do so, no big sweat.

Just in case there isn't an open issue registered for the problem of
spam entering the archives, I've just submitted one.

	Henrik

---

From: Aaron Falk <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 08:03:38 -0800

> spam entering the archives, I've just submitted one.

I also put in a ticket with ietf-action.  In fact, I think the
vulnerability (allowing the archives to recieve email from more than
just the list) was identified and fixed some months ago but I think
the IRTF lists were overlooked.

--aaron

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2005 17:47:18 +0100

On 03/15/2005 05:03 PM Aaron Falk said the following:
> I also put in a ticket with ietf-action.

Oh, good :-)

> In fact, I think the
> vulnerability (allowing the archives to receive email from more than

I'm not so sure - I see very recent spam which has bypassed the list in the
MIP4 archive, too ...

	Henrik