Subject: [Tools-discuss] Re: more idnits suggestions

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 12:00:27 +0200

Hi,

A new version of idnits is out (v1.73), with the following changes which
were prompted by comments from Bruce Lilly:

* Adapting to terminal width is now only done up to a maximum output width
  of 76, and a minimum of 16.

* Some grammar corrections.

* The column width setting, whether given by the --width switch, by setting
  COLUMNS in the environment, or by running in a narrow terminal window, now
  also applies to boilerplate text.  However, boilerplate text is never
  output with a greater width than 73, which matches the RFC setting.

* The line folding algorithm has been enhanced to not give up as easily.

* All normal output is now folded to match the width setting - previously
  some output lines weren't. Debug output is not folded.

* Additional accepted variations were added for the names of normative and
  informative reference sections.

Regards,

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss