Subject: [Tools-discuss] xmlrpc as inter-tool communication?

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:18:01 -0400

Since Zope makes it easy, I added xmlrpc as an access method for the
data for the "parking area" tool - e.g.,

import xmlrpclib
x=xmlrpclib.Server("http://rtg.ietf.org:8080/Test")
print x.parking_rpc()

returns the contents of the parking area.

Is this useful?  Would it be useful to have more of the data (parsed
all_id, datatracker states and comments, etc.) available via xmlrpc?

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Andrew Sullivan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 11:46:30 -0400

> data for the "parking area" tool - e.g.,

Oh, cool.

> all_id, datatracker states and comments, etc.) available via xmlrpc?

I bet it would; particularly the datatracker states, is what I'm
thinking.

A

-- 
----
Andrew Sullivan                         204-4141 Yonge Street
Afilias Canada                        Toronto, Ontario Canada
<[email-masked]>                              M2P 2A8
                                        +1 416 646 3304 x4110

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 14:54:18 -0400

I restructured the system to be more flexible and added a query for
my all_id database, which is all_id + 1id-abstracts:

import xmlrpclib
x=xmlrpclib.Server("http://rtg.ietf.org:8080/Test")
print x.all_id.rpc({'docname': 'draft-ietf-idr-%'})

(all_id queries are silently limited to 1000 results, so watch
that wildcard)

  Bill