Subject: [Tools-discuss] WG-pages v0.60

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 11:12:52 +0200

Hi,

This is the formal release announcement of version 0.60 of the WG pages
available under

    http://tools.ietf.org/wg/

The changes contained in this version have been put in place gradually
since IETF-63, but an announcement seems appropriate to point out the
changes and improvements which are now in place.  From the changelog:

wg-pages (0.60)

 * Added WG Agendas back to IETF-59 (earlier agendas are not easily available
   without manual handling).

 * Added WG Minutes back to IETF-50.  Minutes which weren't natively in
   HTML format, but had some HTML added later, have been stripped to text
   format and run through fmt. 

 * Agendas and minutes will now be automatically updated also during coming
   IETFs, requiring no manual intervention.

 * Added a list of 'related drafts' at the bottom of the WG drafts page,
   based on the drafts being named with -<wg>- in the name.

 * Added updating of closed WGs.  Closed WGs will remain available with no
   change of URL, but will not be listed in the WG list on the left-hand
   side of the status pages.

 * Added pages for ietf and iab, under /group/iab and /group/ietf.

 * Added listing of published RFCs on the draft pages, with diff against
   the last draft version.

 * Added version indication on the WG status pages, with a link to tool
   information.

Feedback on these features, and suggestions for new ones, are always
welcome.

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 13:53:38 +0100

Looks good  :-)

Particularly appreciate the mailing list archive search tool.  Excellent 
idea.

Couple of minor nits:
- On the individual wg pages:  The '|latest ver. published' column is a 
fraction narrow on Firefox.
- The mailing list search tool is currently displaying a line for every 
message searched - presumably this is debugging which will get turned 
off eventually.
- Mailing list search tool: Is it possible to eliminate matches from the 
'Previous message/Next message' lines at the bottom of each mail?  
Searching for text that is in a message header gets you lots of spurious 
matches.

Regards,
Elwyn

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:17:16 +0200

Hi Elwyn,

> Looks good  :-)

Good :-)

> Particularly appreciate the mailing list archive search tool.  Excellent 

Ah.  But it's a quickie hack, using google.  I'm not sure of how well that
works, yet.

> fraction narrow on Firefox.

Ok.  Please check http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/mip4 and see if that looks
better?

> message searched - presumably this is debugging which will get turned 

Mmmhm??  Now I wonder what you are seeing... This shouldn't happen - could
you send me a link or copy?

> Searching for text that is in a message header gets you lots of spurious 

Not for now...

I hope to eventually have a whole new mail archiving tool in place --
there has been some requests for features which the current archives
doesn't have, and I want to provide an issue tracker which pulls issue
text directly from mails (as mentioned a few days ago).

At that time a better integration with the mailing lists, avoiding hits
on prev / next text, could fairly easily be put in place using one of
the available open source search and indexing engines - maybe Lucene.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Elwyn Davies <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 15:58:47 +0100

Hi Henrik.

>Ok.  Please check http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/mip4 and see if that looks
No significant difference.. It is the width of the header.. there is 
very little padding between Latest ver and Dated.. its only a tiny niggle.

>you send me a link or copy?

Try the v6ops mail search page http://ops.ietf.org/lists/v6ops/ and 
enter 'natpt-to'...
Output starts...
Setting Term to natpt-to
Setting Prefix to lists/v6ops
Setting Base path to v6ops.2002
ListBases-0 v6ops.2002
Setting listbase to v6ops.2002
Setting Base path to v6ops.2003
ListBases-1 v6ops.2002 v6ops.2003
Setting listbase to v6ops.2003
Setting Base path to v6ops.2004
ListBases-2 v6ops.2002 v6ops.2003 v6ops.2004
Setting listbase to v6ops.2004
Setting Base path to v6ops.2005
ListBases-3 v6ops.2002 v6ops.2003 v6ops.2004 v6ops.2005
Setting listbase to v6ops.2005
Setting BasePath to /usr/home/mhonarc/v6ops/
Setting Owner to [email-masked]
Setting OwnerName to [email-masked]
Setting ListAddress to http://ops.ietf.org/lists/v6ops
Setting ListDescription to v6ops
Setting TitleAlignment to right
Setting HomePage to http://ops.ietf.org/index.html
v6ops
Search Results
Searching v6ops.2002
Looking in file msg00095.html
Looking in file msg00000.html
Looking in file msg00001.html
Looking in file msg00002.html
Looking in file msg00003.html
Looking in file msg00004.html
<<snip>>
Looking in file msg00639.html
Looking in file msg00640.html
Looking in file msg00641.html
We found 55 posts matching /natpt-to/.Re: WG Last Call: 
draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-exprmntl-00.txt 
<http://ops.ietf.org/lists/v6ops/v6ops.2005/msg00276.html>

    * 13 mentions in the text, by [email-masked]

Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-exprmntl-00.txt
Subject: Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-exprmntl-00.txt

... etc

Also:  The next line is 'Iim-sig:...' and is a VERY long line!

Iim-sig: v:"1.1"; h:"imail.cisco.com"; d:"cisco.com"; z:"home"; m:"krs";	t:"1115689210.552363"; x:"432200"; a:"rsa-sha1"; b:"nofws:377";	e:"Iw=="; n:"sQYarK2E51MdcTiUqeif3F7cWdxIfoCiXhdfb9vD5ee/j0jXL15gbFxF2p"	"XIweAblu0N6XAgK7k+wrbr7bQDJaCDqOmzqpRUBjIRQAXQ7NzadpmR3pUL6wxaRUtW+c43sl9jC"	"50Qg1sXHpPjt8Y+Y16ioyQAQAdSunM4YhevURc=";	s:"jejZBjQoBHQ67sXOagpmSqL7pABagvCr8GAEN5xImQXhhD3uqf+QyEH0lXPD0dXhDoRxCZl5"	"3beeS6OOAlwR5xS8vNGqmxvtDfW3Yk2BxusVTbVMfKN8tEy6SIzcUiwLECVAcp8lWfQVX8fURUS"	"bCbvZ9aD00rv6gOE1xxnzfwA=";	c:"From: Fred Baker <[email-masked]>";	c:"Subject: Re: WG Last Call: draft-ietf-v6ops-natpt-to-exprmntl-00.txt";	c:"Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 18:50:17 -0700"

Finally 55 messages

>>Searching for text that is in a message header gets you lots of spurious 
No matter: It is worthwhile even with a small amount of noise.

>text directly from mails (as mentioned a few days ago).
Yes.. when the draft deadline has finished I'll put some effort into 
thinking about user reqs for this.

Regards,
Elwyn

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2005 19:09:30 +0200

Hi Elwyn,

on 2005-10-19 16:58 Elwyn Davies said the following:
[...]

> very little padding between Latest ver and Dated.. its only a tiny niggle.

Oh, I see.  I fixed the spacing for the version numbers, but only added 2
pixels between the headers.  I've changed the header wording to provide
more space without making the column wider.  Better now on
  http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/mip4 ?

> Try the v6ops mail search page http://ops.ietf.org/lists/v6ops/ and 
.. and so on...

Right, now I understand.  I can take neither credit nor blame for this; this
is something provided by the ops people - I see randy's name at the bottom.

I thought you were talking of the search field and button on the top of 
e.g. http://tools.ietf.org/wg/v6ops - maybe you'd like to try that and
see what you think.  I tried "natpt-to" and got about 37 relevant hits.

> No matter: It is worthwhile even with a small amount of noise.

Ok - but see what you think of the results from the search box I mention
above.

> thinking about user reqs for this.

Oh, goody :-)   That would be nice!

Best,

	Henrik