Subject: [Tools-discuss] FW: NIST's XML Schema and Instance Validation Web Services

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 08:50:02 -0700

Here's a related idea...

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2005 1:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: NIST's XML Schema and Instance Validation Web Services

The NIST Manufacturing Engineering Laboratory is pleased to announce the 
release of NIST's XML Schema and Instance Validation Web Services. These 
services can be used to remotely validate XML schema files against the W3C
XML 
Schema standard (Schema Validation), and XML data files against their 
corresponding schemas (Instance Validation) using a number of XML parsing
tools 
concurrently. Results are presented on a single page for easy comparison.

As of now, three publicly developed XML parsers: Xerces, Jing, and
MultiSchema 
Validator are available. In addition, Instance Validation provides access to
two publicly available schemas: OASIS UBL schemas and Grants.gov schemas. 
Additional parsers and public schemas will be added in the future.

For more information about these services, please see 
http://www.mel.nist.gov/msid/validation/

We are expanding the announcement of this release to a wider audience in
order 
to gain additional feedback on usability, etc. Any feedback you could
provide 
would be appreciated.

Contact:
Puja Goyal
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss