Subject: [Tools-discuss] rfcmarkup (was: WG-pages v0.60)

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 17:18:33 +0100

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

>>> http://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcmarkup/rfcmarkup.cgi?rfc=2026

Maybe a stupid idea:  I often need short URLs, and for that I
create redirections like http://purl.net/xyzzy/-ietf/ltru - the
last part then goes into a parameter of the real tracker URL.

With rfcmarkup a guess= parameter could try to "do what I mean"
- for a number try RfC, if it starts with draft- try draft, and
otherwise bite.

You could do lots of fun stuff behind the scenes, e.g. a cache
for the most popular drafts and RfCs, and later a page showing
the top 100 drafts and RfCs based on rfcmarkup cache hits.

Please add this new Web service also on the "all tools" page.

                                Bye, Frank

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2005 19:47:43 +0100

Hi Frank,

> - for a number try RfC, if it starts with draft- try draft, and

Sounds like a good idea.  I'll add that in the next release.

> the top 100 drafts and RfCs based on rfcmarkup cache hits.

Yes :-)

> Please add this new Web service also on the "all tools" page.

Done.

Regards,

	Henrik