Subject: [Tools-discuss] Tracking IANA's tokens for RFC-ed docs?

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 03:52:17 +0200 (EET)

Hi,

Recently I noticed that when some documents stay long (e.g., 6 months) 
in IANA state when they're in RFC-editor's queue, the reason may 
actually be that the token is at IAB's or IESG's court (e.g., because 
they want/need to discuss the assignment).

There doesn't seem to be any public way to track this so there would 
be better transparency to who has the token (and how long).  This 
would be a nice addition to Bill Fenner's analysis and data mining 
tools.

Would it be possible (to get infrastructure in place) to track what 
IANA thinks the status of the pending assignment is?

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss