Subject: [Tools-discuss] FW: Problem with IANA MIME media types registry

From: Larry Masinter <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2005 14:08:49 -0800

Perhaps the IANA pages would benefit from a requirements
document too.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bruce Lilly
Sent: Sunday, December 11, 2005 6:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Problem with IANA MIME media types registry

[CC'd to IETF discussion list and ietf-types discussion list]

Hello,

Recent changes to the page at
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/index.html
accessed via the link from the IANA Assigned numbers page
http://www.iana.org/numbers.html#M
have rendered the registry of assigned media types useless.
Prior to the recent change, the media types registry listed
the assigned MIME top-level media types, viz. application, audio,
image, message, model, multipart, text, and video.  Since the
change, only the application top-level type is listed (audio, image,
message, model, multipart, text, and video have vanished without
a trace) and superfluous repetition of the application subtypes
listed in
http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/application
has appeared (these of course are not top-level media types).

Could you please investigate what has gone awry and regenerate
a page that provides top-level media types.

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:14:01 +0100

Not really our department, though. I think we should focus
on ietf.org first. The IAB and IASA have ongoing dialogue
with IANA, with real hope of progress since they hired
David Conrad.

     Brian