Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Font sizes in diff tool?

From: Harald Tveit Alvestrand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 10:52:25 +0100

I'm not sure we're looking at the same page, or have the same Opera....

go to this URL:

<http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib-12-from-11.diff.html>

and use the spyglass tool in the upper right-hand corner of Opera to change 
the magnification to 50%.

The text changes, but it definitely does NOT change to half size.

FWIW, my favourite unit of measure in theory is the percent, with the 
next-most-favourite being the "size 1-5" range that used to be the only way 
in the Old Days. Testing might have convinced you that those work badly....

                     Harald

--On 20. desember 2005 00:20 +0100 Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]> 
wrote:

> http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib/

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 13:11:09 +0100

> <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-te-mib-12-from-11.diff.html>

When I look at this with a pre-CSS browser the CSS-magic does
of course not work.  Instead of font-family: monospaced for
<td>...</td> cells using <td><tt>...</tt>/td> is an option (?)

I'm not sure about the class="lineno" cells, are they supposed
to contain nothing ?
 
> FWIW, my favourite unit of measure in theory is the percent

Same here.

> with the next-most-favourite being the "size 1-5" range that
> used to be the only way in the Old Days.

Yes, e.g. <td><small><tt>...</tt></small></td> is valid.  Only
<basefont> and <font> for font size changes are dead for good.

Nested <small> and <big> work even with Lynx, not changing the
font size of course, but they (can) have a visible effect.
  
                         Bye, Frank

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:53:12 +0100

Ok, some preliminary results.  In OS-X and Linux (debian) I don't see
this problem with Opera - I do as you say, and the result is about 50%
size text.

In windows, however, I get the expected text reduction of the
proportionally spaced text, while the monospaced text stays exactly
the same when I go to smaller magnifications than 100%.  It does
increase for magnifications larger than 100%, though.

This seems to be independent of how the font sizes are specified -
I see the problem with Opera on windows for font size specified in
pt, px, em, and %.

I'll do some browsing this evening, to see if the problem is known,
and if there is some workaround for it.

	Henrik