Subject: [Tools-discuss] 2119 keyword counting/enumeration

From: Robert Sparks <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2006 14:47:06 -0600

Paul suggested I send these scripts to this list. I've found them  
useful - maybe others will too.

count_reqs run over any document counts the number of occurrences of  
"MUST", "MAY", etc.

enum_reqs pulls out the sentence each of those occurs in,  
highlighting the instance, and
giving it a label you can refer to.

These are perl. You can retrieve them from:
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/count_reqs
http://www.nostrum.com/~rjsparks/enum_reqs

RjS
-------------

p.s. Here's some sample output:

Robert-Sparks-Computer:~/ietf/rfc rjsparks$ count_reqs rfc2409.txt
14      MUST NOT
0       NOT REQUIRED
2       SHOULD NOT
0       NOT RECOMMENDED
49      MUST
1       REQUIRED
8       SHOULD
0       RECOMMENDED
15      MAY
0       OPTIONAL

Robert-Sparks-Computer:~/ietf/rfc rjsparks$ enum_reqs rfc2409.txt
MUST NOT Requirements:

   MN-1: Keywords "MUST", "**MUST NOT**", "REQUIRED", "SHOULD",  
"SHOULD NOT" and "MAY" that appear in this document are to be  
interpreted as described in [Bra97].

   MN-2: For PFS to exist the key used to protect transmission of  
data **MUST NOT** be used to derive any additional keys, and if the  
key used to protect transmission of data was derived from some other  
keying material, that material MUST NOT be used to derive any more keys.

   MN-3: For PFS to exist the key used to protect transmission of  
data MUST NOT be used to derive any additional keys, and if the key  
used to protect transmission of data was derived from some other  
keying material, that material **MUST NOT** be used to derive any  
more keys.

(and so on...)

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss