Subject: RE: [Tools-discuss] liaison statement tracker

From: "Yaakov Stein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 13:53:21 +0200

Brian, 

The two liaisons you linked are much better 
than any of the ones I have seen to date, e.g. 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file163.pdf
https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file169.txt .

It is not clear to me how the incoming statements were entered
into the tracker. Does the other SDO enter them directly,
or is there a shepherd at the IETF ?

And is it sufficient to enter an outgoing liaison into the system,
and then rely on the system to send the liaison to the intended
recipients, 
or is the entering for tracking only, and email needs to be
sent separately?

Y(J)S

-----Original Message-----
From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 11:19
To: Yaakov Stein
Cc: [email-masked]; Stewart Bryant
Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] liaison statement tracker

The liaison posting tool does have relevant features I think.
If you look at recent statements such as
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=206
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=199
you can see who they were cc'ed to.

This doesn't apply to statements sent the old-fashioned way, by email,
but that is something to be discouraged.

    Brian

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss