Subject: [Tools-discuss] ID NiTs Version: 1.93

From: Gorry Fairhurst <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 10:07:17 +0100

Dear tools team,

I still like the ID NiTs tool a lot :-)

A suggestion: I think it would be nice to receive a warning if either 
the filename written in the draft or the file that was uploaded contain 
upper case characters....

Should a verbose warning be issued if the uploaded file has a different 
name to that which was cited as the filename?

I've just had a draft bounced because of this - and recall making the 
same mistake on a previous submission.

Gorry Fairhurst

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2006 18:45:16 +0200

Hi Gorry,

  Something like this will be available in idnits v1.94.  The code
I'm currently testing will warn not only for uppercase characters,
but any characters which are not digits, lowercase letters, or dash,
as required by 1id-guidelines.txt.

Some questions:

In the current code, I'm emitting warnings for both disallowed
characters and mis-matching file-name -- any particular reason why
a mis-matching file-name should not result in a warning in non-verbose
mode?

I also don't think it makes sense to warn about non-valid characters
in the filename if it doesn't match the name given in the document -
if somebody prefers to work with "Foo-04.txt" instead of draft-foo-bar-04,
a warning about mismatching filename is enough; warning for non-valid
characters in "Foo-04.txt" doesn't seem to make sense...

Regards,

	Henrik