Subject: [Tools-discuss] Idnits-1.102 feedback

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 12:00:43 -0400

For one of my WGs, I just had an Internet-Draft that passed idnits
rejected by the Secretariat with:

  The Secretariat CANNOT process your Internet-Draft submission due to
  following reason(s):  * All Internet-Drafts must have on the first page an
  intellectual property
  rights (IPR) statement that says:

  By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents
  that any applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he

The required statement was present, but *not* on the first page.
Please enhance idnits to check that this paragraph is on the
first page to save the next "creative" author who tries this ...

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Senior Technologist
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2006 14:54:51 +0200

Hi David,

> first page to save the next "creative" author who tries this ...

Ah.  Good point.  I'll add it to the next version.

Regards,

	Henrik