Subject: [Tools-discuss] Specification of address book idea ...

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 07:53:43 -0700

Whenever I send things to tools, it turns out that the tools team is  
way ahead of me and long ago thought of exactly what I am suggesting  
along with 3 problems with it and 30 better ideas but here is another  
one :-)

At a recent IAB/IESG meeting there was discussion of address book  
information for various folks.

My random 2 cent idea

Make a web page where people can enterer address information and  
select a list of users that can access it.

Address information could include email, phone numbers, im addresses,  
default timezone or something that indicated what time the person was  
generally available

For each type of address information, user can select to give access  
to each of: IAB, IESG, WG Chairs, Everyone

This information would then be published on web pages that were  
accessible by the appropriate folks.

Would be cool if could just download a set of vcards for all the  
people one had access too.

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 2006 18:17:36 +0200

Hi Cullen,

> along with 3 problems with it and 30 better ideas but here is another  

Well, this time you're ahead of us :-)

> select a list of users that can access it.

Sounds like a generally nice idea.

Several of the components necessary to implement this is now in place,
the most crucial one being automated login/password handling based on
email address.

> to each of: IAB, IESG, WG Chairs, Everyone

Up-to-date email addresses of the ADs and WG Chairs are also now available
for plugging into something like this, however not the IAB email addresses.

> people one had access too.

Indeed!.

I'll add this to the list of cool tool ideas; we'll see if someone in the
tools team wants to pick it up.

Regards,

	Henrik