Subject: [Tools-discuss] RFC viewer tool submission

From: "rfc view" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 11:21:18 +0200

I would like to inform you the availability of a new graphical RFC viewer
software named qRFCView. (http://qrfcview.berlios.de/). It was developed by
myself and is distributed under the GPL license. Main advantages are:

    * automatic table of content, with direct opening of section;
    * handling of RFC internal cross-references;
    * automatic downloading of a referenced RFC from the IETF web site on a
simple click;
    * caching of RFC in a local directory;
    * tab-browsing of RFC;
    * searching.

It is available for the Linux and Windows operating systems (and potentially
MacOS X).
Current release is 0.62 and can be freely downloaded from BerliOS at
http://developer.berlios.de/projects/qrfcview/.

Is it possible to add a link in your website if this kind of software looks
relevant for the IETF community?

Sincerely yours,
R. Rollet
_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Jul 2006 17:15:57 +0200

Hi R.,

> relevant for the IETF community?

It looks like a nice tool :-) and I'd be happy to add a link either to one of
the Tool Inventory categories on http://tools.ietf.org/, or possibly add
a new category if no current one will fit.

Would you care to take a look at the categories (Verification tools, Workgroup
tools, etc.) and tool descriptions and propose a suitable one- or two-paragraph
description of qRFCView?  It'll then be easy for me to add a link and the
description.

Regards,

	Henrik