Subject: [Tools-discuss] Links from WG pages to meeting material, agenda and minutes

From: Thomas Morin <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 17:30:13 +0200

Hi folks, Henrik,

I appreciate a lot the WG pages on tools.ietf.org.

However, there seems to be some issue at the moment, at least for the
few working groups that I checked (e.g. l3vpn) : whereas links toward
agenda (with links to slides) and minutes are in place for IETF 65th,
they don't seem to be for the last IETF - though proper material is
referenced in the proceedings pages (e.g.
http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/l3vpn.html ).

In details:
- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/l3vpn/agenda says "IETF-67 l3vpn agenda:
Sorry, no agenda available as of today. Either no meeting was held, or
the document has not yet been submitted.". It proposes a link to
IETF66th agenda page.
- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/l3vpn/agenda?item=agenda66.html gives the
agenda (but without links to slides)
- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/l3vpn/minutes says "IETF-67 l3vpn minutes:
Sorry, no minutes available as of today. Either no meeting was held, or
the document has not yet been submitted."  and propose no link to IETF
66th agenda
- http://tools.ietf.org/wg/l3vpn/minutes?item=minutes66.html (a URL that
I "blindly guessed") says "Sorry, no minutes available as of today.
Either no meeting was held, or the document has not yet been submitted."

Just in case the issue wasn't known already. 

Thanks,

-Thomas

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:07:53 +0200

Hi Thomas,

> http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/06jul/l3vpn.html ).

[snip details]

Hmm.  Right.  There obviously is something wrong with the logic here;
and I'll dig up what's the matter.

> Just in case the issue wasn't known already. 

Nope, I had missed this - thanks for reporting it!

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:48:47 +0200

Hi Thomas,

So, some more data on this:

The scripts which look for minutes and slides and update the agenda and
minutes pages have been doing that based on the last main meeting agenda
found; and traditionally this has meant that there has been no overlap
between the period when meeting minutes and slides has been submitted,
and the period when the next meetings agenda has been online in some form.

Recently, the secretariat put online a skeleton agenda for the next IETF
before the period of sending in minutes and slides had completed, with the
result that the script started to look for materials related to the next
meeting, and stopped looking for materials for the last meeting...

I've now arranged to have the scripts look for materials for *both* the
last and the next meeting, in parallel.  Hopefully this should result in
the pages being updated correctly the next time the scripts are run, which
should be within an hour.

Regards,
	
	Henrik