Subject: [Tools-discuss] tracker investigation...

From: Alexander Mayrhofer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 16:30:49 +0200

Hi,

I'm currently looking for a request tracking solution for the SPEERMINT
group, and i'd appreciate any hints on what is currently available, what
works and what does not work.

What seems to exist is:

- Trac installations in some groups (eg.
http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/enum/trac/report)

- Roundup tracker (at http://mip4.org/issues/tracker/)

- a RT installation at http://rt.psg.com/

Anything more that i've missed?

I'm very interested in your experiences with those trackers - especially
since out of those i just know RT (which, imho, has a real problem with
usability if you don't use it on a daily basis).

What is the current "state of the art" tracker to work on document & WG issues?

thanks,

Alex

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2006 20:14:22 +0200

Hi Alexander,

> What is the current "state of the art" tracker to work on document & WG issues?

What I plan to roll out for all WGs pretty soon is Trac, which is reasonably
close to 'state of the art'.  I'm also running the trackers at mip4.org, but
won't be setting those up for more users / WGs -- it's too much manual work
to set up another instance, although the roundup tracker as such is good.

If a Track tracker under http://www1.tools.ietf.org/wg/speermint/ would work
for you, I'd be happy to set one up today.

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 14:19:20 +0200

> usability if you don't use it on a daily basis).

It has some obscure SSL issues wrt backwards compatibility.  Whatever you
do, stay away from bugzilla, that's just too horrible.  "Track" might be
overkill if you already have a Wiki (?) - I can't really tell after only
one submitted bug (but that worked).

The main from a user's POV is to see the status.  With IANA tickets that's
not yet possible (=> unacceptable, whatever it is).  For submitted errata
"look into the pending errata mbox with stuff piling up over 20 months" is
also dubious.

The procedure for the IETF datatracker apparently doesn't work - I'm not
sure, I tried to report an issue about the broken (bad HTML) pages below
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaisons.cgi
recently with...
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=send_email&cat=bugs
...and that had so far no effect.

"KANA" was also something to avoid some years ago, but maybe they now
figured out RFC 2049 "minimal MIME conformance".

Frank