Subject: [Tools-discuss] MIB checking/verification tool

From: "Wijnen, Bert (Bert)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:21:37 +0100

On this web page: http://tools.ietf.org/inventory/verif-tools

You still have (3rd item):

   Smilint by email Email the MIB to [email-masked] with just
   the MIB module in the message body 

I believe that the email service is no longer available, or at least we're 
discouraging its use because of the high spam load on it.
Frank maintains it, so he can chime in.

The proper interface to that tool is the web-based service, which you
also have on the web page as the 1st item:

    Web interface to libsmi tools This is a web interface to the smilint,
    smistrip, and smidump tools. For many people, this is probably much 
    more convenient compared to installing libsmi locally or using the
    email interface

Bert

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:36:34 +0100

Hi Bert,

>     more convenient compared to installing libsmi locally or using the

Given the points above, I suggest I remove the email interface from the
listing.  Any opposed?

	Henrik

---

From: Frank Strauß <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:28:47 +0100

> Frank maintains it, so he can chime in.

Ack. The mail service is no longer available. Thanks.