Subject: [Tools-discuss] ABNF draft to Internet Standard?

From: Lisa Dusseault <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 09:17:58 -0800

It's been suggested to me that the ABNF RFC, now at Draft Standard,  
can go to Full Standard without any changes.  Thus the text of the  
current RFC <http://rfc.net/rfc4234.html> would be upgraded.

If anybody has any opinions on this topic or wishes to review the  
document, let me know; of course this will go through IETF Last Call  
before any actual status changes.

Thanks,
Lisa 

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 09:24:04 -0800

Yes, please.

---

From: Tony Hansen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2006 13:56:01 -0500

It would be a good idea for 4234 to go to Full Standard.

Are these two statements at odds?

  *  "the ABNF RFC ... can go to Full Standard without any changes"
  *  "the text of the current RFC would be upgraded"

But that can be done by a change in the RFC *index*, and shouldn't
require any change in the text of the RFC itself. The RFC doesn't need
to be reissued or anything; just update the meta data. There's a reason
that the meta data is separate.

	Tony Hansen
	[email-masked]

Lisa Dusseault wrote:
> It's been suggested to me that the ABNF RFC, now at Draft Standard, can
> go to Full Standard without any changes.  Thus the text of the current
> RFC <http://rfc.net/rfc4234.html> would be upgraded.