Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Re: Bug in the Perl ABNF parser?

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 14:54:50 -0800

On 11/21/06, Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 21, 2006 at 06:52:46AM +0100,
>  Harald Alvestrand <[email-masked]> wrote
>  a message of 33 lines which said:
> > And I think Bill's parser has much better error messages.
>
> AFAIK, it exists only as an online service and the source code does
> not seem to be available.

This is more because I'm bad at releasing code than because I don't
want to release it.  Instead of making more excuses, I just fixed a
couple of bugs and created a tarball.

http://rtg.ietf.org/~fenner/ietf/bap/bap-1.1.tar.gz

As with many projects, there are lots of things I wish I could clean
up before release, but that's not a good reason to keep not releasing
it.

  Bill

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:19:45 +0100

On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:54:50PM -0800,
 Bill Fenner <[email-masked]> wrote 

> couple of bugs and created a tarball.

Just in time for the Last Call on moving RFC 4324 to Full Standard :-)

I cannot compile it on Debian/Linux :

~/tmp/bap-1.1 % ./configure 
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... a.out
checking whether the C compiler works... yes
checking whether we are cross compiling... no
checking for suffix of executables... 
checking for suffix of object files... o
checking whether we are using the GNU C compiler... yes
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for gcc option to accept ANSI C... none needed
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for hcreate... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
~/tmp/bap-1.1 % make
bison -y -v  parser.y 
mv -f y.tab.c parser.c
gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DYYDEBUG   -c -o parser.o parser.c
parser.y: In function 'yyparse':
parser.y:262: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function 'strlen'
lex  -t scanner.l > scanner.c
gcc -g -O2 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DYYDEBUG   -c -o scanner.o scanner.c
scanner.l:37:19: error: y.tab.h: No such file or directory
scanner.l:42: error: redefinition of 'yylineno'
<stdout>:346: error: previous definition of 'yylineno' was here
scanner.l: In function 'yylex':
scanner.l:81: error: 'CRLF' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:81: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
scanner.l:81: error: for each function it appears in.)
scanner.l:85: error: 'yylval' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:94: error: 'CHARVAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:106: error: 'PROSEVAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:114: error: 'RULENAME' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:119: error: 'BINVALRANGE' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:124: error: 'BINVAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:131: error: 'DECVALRANGE' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:136: error: 'DECVAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:143: error: 'HEXVALRANGE' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:148: error: 'HEXVAL' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:168: error: 'REPEAT' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:181: error: 'EQSLASH' undeclared (first use in this function)
scanner.l:213: error: 'CWSP' undeclared (first use in this function)
make: *** [scanner.o] Error 1