Subject: [Tools-discuss] Load balancing

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 07:11:42 +0100

Hi, 

one of the tools servers is again confused returning obscure messages like
"Location: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt"
as body (!) of the reply to a GET /html/draft-klensin-unicode-escapes

With www3.tools.ietf.org it works as expected.  I don't find this name
with my rxhost script anymore, odd, fortunately I recalled www3 as the
"always good" alternative.  With merlot.tools.ietf.org it also works.
With cabernet.verkstad.net I got this:

HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 06:02:22 GMT
Server: Apache/2.2.3 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.2 PHP/4.4.4-8 [...]
Content-Location: draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.html
Vary: negotiate
TCN: choice
Last-Modified: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 20:59:00 GMT
ETag: "458602-49-dd480d00;ad27a4c0"
Accept-Ranges: bytes
Content-Length: 73
Connection: close
Content-Type: text/html; charset=US-ASCII

Location: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-klensin-unicode-escapes-00.txt

~~~ EOF ~~~

That's a 200 instead of a 302, the content is no text/html, and the
body says .../id/draft...txt instead of .../html/draft...html (?)

And it's a HTTP/1.1 reply to a GET HTTP/1.0, but that should be okay
as long as the content doesn't come compressed and / or chunked.

Frank

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 11:38:10 +0100

Hi Frank,

Yes, I found a gremlin in one of the scripts which generate the html pages;
that particular one is chased away now, but let me know if it happens again.

Thanks,

	Henrik

---

From: Frank Ellermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 12:31:36 +0100

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> I found a gremlin in one of the scripts which generate the html pages;

Works, thanks.  Where can I submit tools.ietf.org as the fastest site
or organization I know wrt solving technical problems ?  Especially at
weird times like early Sunday.

Frank

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jan 2007 16:24:54 +0100

Hi Frank,

> weird times like early Sunday.

Thanks :-)  But I sometimes think I need to make sure I have a life, too.

On the other hand, I've been down to my favourite espresso bar and chatted
with people today, followed by a hike in the newly fallen snow with my
camera, taking some nice winter pictures.  So it's not as if I'm glued to
the keyboard :-)

Best,

	Henrik