Subject: Re: [Tools-discuss] Re: Bug in the Perl ABNF parser?

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 11:38:09 +0200

On 2006-12-12, at 12:19, Stephane Bortzmeyer wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 07, 2006 at 02:54:50PM -0800,
>  Bill Fenner <[email-masked]> wrote
>  a message of 20 lines which said:
>
>> This is more because I'm bad at releasing code than because I don't
>> want to release it.  Instead of making more excuses, I just fixed a
>> couple of bugs and created a tarball.
>
> Just in time for the Last Call on moving RFC 4324 to Full Standard :-)
>
> I cannot compile it on Debian/Linux :

Did you ever get that resolved?

(Same issue on MacOS, and if you know a solution I don't need to  
start digging :-)

Lars

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 17:04:30 +0200

> Did you ever get that resolved?

FWIW, bison wants the -d flag to generate y.tab.h. Doh.

Lars

---

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:37:08 -0800

> > Did you ever get that resolved?

Oddly, I never saw Stephane's report until you followed up.  Sorry.

> FWIW, bison wants the -d flag to generate y.tab.h. Doh.

Double-Doh, since bison 2.1 doesn't.

I changed YACC= to

YACC=   @YACC@ -d -v

in Makefile.in and it builds on my original development system and on
MacOS 10.4.

I also fixed another bug that was introduced just before the 1.1
release so I suppose I should release 1.2.  Did I mention I'm bad at
releasing? ;-)

  Bill

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 19:42:32 +0200

> release so I suppose I should release 1.2.  Did I mention I'm bad at

Can you throw it under some sort of license, too, so I can submit a  
fink package for it? (They like stuff to have a clearly identifiable  
license.)

Lars

---

From: "Bill Fenner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 09:54:43 -0800

On 1/25/07, Lars Eggert <[email-masked]> wrote:
> fink package for it?

Each source file has a BSD license at the top.  Are you looking for
something more than that?  A copy of the license in a LICENSE file
too?

  Bill

---

From: Lars Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:06:23 +0200

> something more than that?  A copy of the license in a LICENSE file

That's fine then; I can cut that out into a license file during the  
package build.

Lars