Subject: [Tools-discuss] Idnits-2.02.1 feedback

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Feb 2007 10:32:29 -0800

Version 2.02.1 falsely detects OIDs in dotted-decimel form,
e.g. 1.3.6.1.4.1.1466.115.121.1.12, as an IPv4 address literal,
and then issues a warning that its not in the example range.
I suggest the regex be adjusted to be exclude sequences where
a component is greater than 255 and the number of components
is not 4.

Kurt

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2007 15:22:04 +0100

Hi Kurt,

> a component is greater than 255 and the number of components

Good point.  I'll have this fixed in 2.02.2

	Henrik