Subject: [Tools-discuss] Proposed modification to xml2rfc.tcl

From: "Vijay K. Gurbani" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2007 13:55:07 -0600

Hi: For IETF 68, a couple of my drafts were rejected since I was using
xml2rfc v1.31.  This version did not have the "IETF Trust" boilerplate.
Upon notification of the rejection, I went ahed and downloaded the next
release, xml2rfc v1.32.

I have not yet seen my resubmitted drafts appear in the IETF archives.
I hope they do.

However, that aside, it will be good if xml2rfc.tcl tool automatically
notified the user that a new version is available.  That way,
people that do not subscribe to the tools-discuss mailing list know
when to upgrade.

Thanks,

- vijay
-- 
Vijay K. Gurbani, Bell Laboratories, Alcatel-Lucent
2701 Lucent Lane, Rm. 9F-546, Lisle, Illinois 60532 (USA)
Email: vkg@{alcatel-lucent.com,bell-labs.com,acm.org}
WWW:   http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/bell-labs

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2007 12:29:34 +0200

I think this would be very useful. Or even downloaded itself
automatically, or at least the often changing boilerplate
parts...

Jari