Subject: [Tools-discuss] Agenda RSS feed

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2007 17:55:48 +0200

Would it be possible to have an RSS feed for WG agenda postings as  
they become available. Preferably the same feed for all meetings...

This is so that I know when to run the getdrafts tool the next time...

- kurtis -

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2007 16:34:28 +0200

> This is so that I know when to run the getdrafts tool the next time...

I'd be happy to host such a feed and the script(s) to create it, but I'm
not sufficiently familiar with RSS/Atom to whip one up swiftly.  If
someone else puts a script together, I can adapt it if needed to use
information already available on the servers, and deploy it swiftly.

	Henrik

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2007 20:44:40 +0200

Hi Kurtis,

> This is so that I know when to run the getdrafts tool the next time...

Carsten Bormann has contributed a nice little ruby script which will
generate an Atom feed.  I've integrated this with the rest of the
agenda handling on tools.ietf.org, so go ahead and try it out.  If you
go to:
  http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/69
you should see the agenda, and if your browser understands feeds, you
should also see an feed indication in the address field, which you can
click and subscribe to.

Alternatively, you can give your feed reader the appropriate url
directly:
  http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/69/atom

Let us know how this works!

	Henrik

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 11:24:44 +0200

Hi!

> Let us know how this works!

This is great! Thanks a lot for this tool!

Best regards,

- kurtis -

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 15:06:25 +0200

On 2007-07-16 11:24 Kurt Erik Lindqvist said the following:
...

> This is great! Thanks a lot for this tool!

Excellent.

For early adopters, please note that I've now changed the feed URL
to http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/atom, and arranged for the feed to
be valid also for coming meetings.  That way you shouldn't have to
re-subscribe to a new feed for each meeting.

	Henrik

---

From: Kurt Erik Lindqvist <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:11:57 +0200

> re-subscribe to a new feed for each meeting.

cool, this has been really useful! Thanks again!

Best regards,

- kurtis -