Subject: [Tools-discuss] tools.ietf.org/id anomaly

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 09:45:51 +0200

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-16.txt
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-1
http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice

all work, but

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-16

hits an error. I find this a bit disconcerting, since it
doesn't seem to fail for other drafts

draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp also exists. I don't know if
that's relevant

    Brian

XML Parsing Error: xml declaration not at start of external entity
Location: http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-16
Line Number 2, Column 1:<?xml version="1.0"?>
^

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:01:36 +0200

Hi Brian,

> draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-tcp also exists. I don't know if

I don't think so; but what's very relevant is that an XML version
of draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-16 exists, and content negotiation results
in this being returned, rather than the .txt file which also exists.

I'm turning off content negotiation for this directory; testing
seems to show that everything then works as expected.  You may
need to force reload your browser for the page (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-mmusic-ice-16) to see the
text document rather than the browser's attempt at rendering the
XML document, though.

	Henrik

---

From: Brian E Carpenter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2007 12:57:40 +0200

On 2007-07-04 12:01, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
> seems to show that everything then works as expected. 

Yes. In this case, Firefox has a rather misleading error
behaviour. IE is much clearer ("The XML page cannot be displayed").

In the IETF context, I think you have to default to txt,
unfortunately.

Thanks!

     Brian