Subject: [Tools-discuss] Wiki pages for WGs?

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2007 10:55:22 +0200

Hi!

Sometimes it can be useful to use a wiki page to organize some work in a
WG.

I see there are wiki pages for Chairs, BOFs, IRTF, IESG, IAOC, Trust,
but not for WG's.  Could one be created?

I don't think it needs to be organized as one per WG, just having it
possible to create a WG-specific wiki page for some specific work item
seems useful.

Ultimately, having one wiki space for each WG may be nicer, but may
create unnecessarily much overhead for you.

Thanks,
Simon

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

our hitlist.

-- 
sb. Scott Blomquist for [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 17:55:32 +0200

Hi Simon,

> but not for WG's.  Could one be created?

Some WGs already have them, and it's on my to-do list to roll this out
for all WGs.  If there is a specific WG you'd like this for, let me
know which one or ones, and I'll set it up.

> create unnecessarily much overhead for you.

Not at all -- that's the way I'm planning to do it.

	Henrik

---

From: Simon Josefsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2007 19:36:08 +0200

> know which one or ones, and I'll set it up.

Hi Henrik!

This was for the SASL WG, although we've found an external wiki setup
for our purposes, so it is not immediately needed.

Still, had a wiki already been in place via tools.ietf.org, I suspect
we'd never bothered to find an external wiki.  Having a wiki in place
may actually inspire people to start using it for various mini-projects
that may otherwise never be published publicly.  "Build it and they'll
come" and so on...

> Not at all -- that's the way I'm planning to do it.

Sounds great.

Thanks,
Simon