Subject: [Tools-discuss] Idnits-2.04.14 feedback

From: Jim Fenton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 14:53:24 -0700

In checking a draft that references a fairly recent Proposed Standard,
RFC 4871, idnits is saying that RFC 4871 is unknown state, and a
potential downref.

Is the database used by idnits out of date?

-Jim

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 17:41:10 +0200

Hi Jim,

> Is the database used by idnits out of date?

In a sense, yes, for 2.04.14 specifically, because this version had
trouble validating the downloaded updates of the database.  This is
fixed in 2.04.15 and 2.04.16 which is available now.

	Henrik