Subject: [Tools-discuss] Opensearch.org

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 14:45:16 +0200

Hi, just for fun I've written a dummy opensearch.org description
for the first search form on <http://tools.ietf.org/html/>:

For the XML file see
http://hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz.googlepages.com/ietftool.a9.xml

For a Javascript "AddSearchProvider" link see
http://hmdmhdfmhdjmzdtjmzdtzktdkztdjz.googlepages.com/index.html

Frank

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 20:58:08 +0200

Update:

> just for fun I've written a dummy opensearch.org description
> for the first search form on <http://tools.ietf.org/html/>
[...]

Most of the time the .../html/... "search" works as expected,
e.g. when I ask for "4646" I get RFC 4646, or when I ask for
"ltru" I get a page where I can pick one of the five LTRU I-Ds.

But when I ask for "4646bis" I get RFC 4646 instead of the
current 4646bis I-D.  With "-4646bis" it works (= 4646bis I-D).
Ditto "2822upd" (=> RFC 2822) vs. "-2822upd" (=> 2822upd I-D).
Is that as it should be ?

 Frank

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 02:42:49 +0200

Hi Frank

> Is that as it should be ?

Well, it's as currently written.  But when I wrote it that way,
I didn't think of people entering things like 2822upd, although
it makes perfect sense given the behaviour otherwise.

I'm changing the code now so that only clean numbers are
interpreted as RFCs, which will make 2822upd give you the draft.

	Henrik

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 03:50:25 +0200

Henrik Levkowetz wrote:
 
 [tools.ietf.org/html/{searchTerms}]
> interpreted as RFCs, which will make 2822upd give you the draft.

Thanks.  BTW, feel free to grab and modify the opensearch
description for this URL, it's quite nice with Firefox 2.

You could offer it as AddSearchProvider onclick-javascript
on the .../html/ page.  Maybe you could also offer it as 
<link rel="search" type="application/opensearch" ...> in
the header of all .../html/... pages, but as long as this
MIME type isn't registered that's politically incorrect ;-)

 Frank