Subject: [Tools-discuss] wrt HTML-ized RFCs & I-Ds

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:08:58 -0800

So, are the HTML-ized RFCs & I-Ds concocted on-the-fly, or are they available 
for rsync-based download?

I ask because I simply rsync RFCs and I-Ds, diskspace being cheap and 
pleantiful, and given that I'm not always connected to the Net (it only 
consumes < 300mb so far).

So I'd also sync the .html form if I could -- yes I presently snarf over .pdf 
and .xml, as wells as .txt.

?

thanks,

=JeffH

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 23:11:47 +0100

Hi Jeff,

On 2007-11-19 21:08 =JeffH said the following:
> So, are the HTML-ized RFCs & I-Ds concocted on-the-fly, 

Simple answer: yes

> or are they available 

No.  In order to have them available for rsync, quite a bit about how
they are generated has to be changed.  So for now, no.

It's perfectly fine to download them using http with timestamp check,
for instance using 'wget -N' -- once they are generated, they won't
change unless they need to be updated for one reason or another.

> consumes < 300mb so far).

The current incomplete contents of the /html/ directory on one of the
tool servers has 44937 files, with a total size of 3.2 Gig; so it's a bit
more than your 300 Meg.

> and .xml, as wells as .txt.

Sooner or later I'm going to change the html generation so it will also
work well with rsync, but for now it's not quite there, so I'm not
providing a rsync setup yet.

	Henrik

---

From: =JeffH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 15:56:56 -0800

> change unless they need to be updated for one reason or another.

yeah, I spose, I'll look into that. rsync is just so much easier.

 > tool servers has 44937 files, with a total size of 3.2 Gig; so it's a bit

oh, well, urm, yeah, so, I misread my "du -sk" output by a factor of 10. My 
cache (of RFCs & IDs, some I-D duplicates) is a little under 3gb, doh. It's 
still "small" on my disk tho (100gb). My internet-drafts cache has ~48,200 
files in it (if I'm not again misreading #s).

 > work well with rsync...

super. I can help test if you want. Mebbe I'll introduce errors ;-/

=JeffH