Subject: [Tools-discuss] Do not allow spaces in the file names of Internet Drafts

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2007 06:29:26 -0700

Sometime yesterday, a new draft was issued whose file name is:
    draft-lee-pce-wson-routing and wavelength-00.txt
Note that there are spaces in the file name. That has already caused 
some tools to fail disasterously because spaces are never supposed to 
appear in file names.

Please fix the name of this draft as soon as possible. More 
importantly, please puts an automated check in your system to prevent 
this from happening in the future. Thanks!

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Nov 2007 18:33:40 +0100

> this from happening in the future. Thanks!

Woohoo!  That's a whopper.  I have to admit that while idnits reports
'no such file' to each of the three space-separated parts of the file
name, it does *not* return an error code, which it should -- and will
as soon as I push out v2.05.00

	Henrik