Subject: [Tools-discuss] Tweak to html version of -bis drafts

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:11:35 +0100

Hi,

I've just added a tweak to the htmlized version of -bis drafts
found under http://tools.ietf.org/html/ :

Previously, draft versions above -00 would have links at the
top to diffs against the previous version, but -00 drafts would
not.  I've now added diff links also for the -00 versions of
-bis drafts, against the referenced RFC.  Example:

http://www1.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccann-dime-rfc4004bis-00

	Henrik

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Jari Arkko <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:23:04 +0200

This is very nice!

(But not the only use case I have for such comparisons. I typically end
up reviewing bis drafts in the IESG, and then its draft-28 vs. the
original RFC, not -00 vs. RFC. This cannot be easily accommodated in the
scheme you have, unless you added "Diff to RFC" buttons at the top. Not
sure my need for this is worth the extra buttons; I can also do this
manually, though.)

Jari

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 10:46:18 +0100

Hi Jari,

> sure my need for this is worth the extra buttons; I can also do this

Mmm.  I'll have to think about this a little bit, to see how it can
best be supported.  I have an idea, but it takes a bit more work than
the current tweak.

	Henrik

---

From: "Frank Ellermann" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 11:07:34 +0100

> http://www1.tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mccann-dime-rfc4004bis-00

Interesting, you're not using url1= to define the original RFC.
I guess you have some hidden magic identifying the RFC as "--1".

 Frank

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:17:22 +0100

Hi Frank,

> I guess you have some hidden magic identifying the RFC as "--1".

Correct.  There has to be a little bit of magic somewhere, and
since I already have a bit of magic in rfcdiff to deduce the right
url1 if url2 is a draft with rev > 00, I put the magic for -bis
drafts with rev == 00 in the same place.

	Henrik