Subject: [Tools-discuss] Charter diffs

From: Paul Hoffman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Dec 2007 14:13:07 -0800

Greetings again. The diff'ed versions of Internet Drafts are very 
useful. Having diff'ed versions of WG charters would also be useful, 
particularly because the IESG announcements don't even try to say 
what the differences are between the current and previous version of 
a charter. This would be most useful for current charters moving 
forwards, although a historic line of diffs for a WG might be useful 
to some IETF archaeologists.

--Paul Hoffman, Director
--VPN Consortium

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Cullen Jennings <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Dec 2007 17:01:59 -0800

Paul this is one of my pet peeves and I totally agree. When approving  
charters, it is often hard to diff them due to formatting and often  
one being in html and the other in ascii.

At the last code sprint, some work was done on a tool for managing  
charters (in django). It's needs more work but at least something was  
started.

On Dec 26, 2007, at 2:13 PM, Paul Hoffman wrote:

> useful. Having diff'ed versions of WG charters would also be  
> useful, particularly because the IESG announcements don't even try  
> to say what the differences are between the current and previous  
> version of a charter. This would be most useful for current  
> charters moving forwards, although a historic line of diffs for a  
> WG might be useful to some IETF archaeologists.
>
> --Paul Hoffman, Director
> --VPN Consortium
>
>