Subject: [Tools-discuss] Serving HTML from svn

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 20:39:06 +1100

How do we affect the media type of content served from SVN?

See: http://svn.tools.ietf.org/svn/wg/httpbis/draft-ietf-httpbis/diffs/

(all of which are served as text/plain).

Cheers,

--
Mark Nottingham     http://www.mnot.net/

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Julian Reschke <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 11:59:20 +0100

> (all of which are served as text/plain).

I guess by setting svn:mime-type; but it looks this was already done 
(and the HTTP response is OK now as well).

BR, Julian

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 22:02:15 +1100

Heh. I'm getting this at the top of the p1 diff;
HTTP/1.1 200 OK Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 09:36:26 GMT Server: Apache/ 
2.2.6 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.4 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.4 mod_ssl/ 
2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8 Last-Modified: Tue, 18  
Dec 2007 07:49:32 GMT ETag: "56//draft-ietf-httpbis/diffs/draft-ietf- 
httpbis-p1-messaging-00-from-rfc2616-symrefs.diff.html" Accept-Ranges:  
bytes Content-Length: 1871144 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100  
Connection: Keep-Alive Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
Wasn't getting this a moment ago; did something get messed up?

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:15:54 +0100

Mark, are you still seeing the wrong Content-type: ?

When testing here, I get text/html, which is what I'd expect after
Roy's commit http://www.tools.ietf.org/wg/httpbis/trac/changeset/57
(after your first message, but before Julian's below).

(I'm seeing this now:
 1 HTTP/1.1 200 OK
 2 Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 15:05:01 GMT
 3 Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.4 mod_python/3.3.1 Python/2.4.4 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8
 4 Last-Modified: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 13:07:35 GMT
 5 ETag: "61//draft-ietf-httpbis/diffs/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1-messaging-00-from-rfc2616-symrefs.diff.html"
 6 Accept-Ranges: bytes
 7 Content-Length: 1955998
 8 Keep-Alive: timeout=15, max=100
 9 Connection: Keep-Alive
10 Content-Type: text/html;charset=iso-8859-1
)

Could there be a caching proxy giving you the result immediately below?
The timestamp indicates that it's from before Roy's commit, which was at
09:51:52 GMT ...

Regards,

	Henrik

---

From: Mark Nottingham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:18:07 +1100

Nope; I'm good. Roy's commit fixed it; there was a little period where  
the headers were being returned in the body, but that got fixed (or  
fixed itself) shortly thereafter.

Thanks,

On 19/12/2007, at 2:15 AM, Henrik Levkowetz wrote:

> 3 Server: Apache/2.2.6 (Debian) DAV/2 SVN/1.4.4 mod_python/3.3.1  
> Python/2.4.4 mod_ssl/2.2.6 OpenSSL/0.9.8g mod_perl/2.0.3 Perl/v5.8.8
> 5 ETag: "61//draft-ietf-httpbis/diffs/draft-ietf-httpbis-p1- 
> messaging-00-from-rfc2616-symrefs.diff.html"
> 6 Accept-Ranges: bytes

---

From: "Roy T. Fielding" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 01:51:43 -0800

> (all of which are served as text/plain).

It is a property.

    svn pset svn:mime-type "text/html" *.html

will do that now

....Roy