Subject: [Tools-discuss] calendar tool and plenaries bug

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:23:20 -0800

The URL http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/70/ics/ietf-70-IETF+Technical.ics  
returns an empty calendar....

-- Kurt

_______________________________________________
Tools-discuss mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tools-discuss

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 11:27:55 -0800

PS - it might be useful to include a link on the main calendar page to
the generator page, e.g.

add a link to:
http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/70/calendar

on the main page:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/meeting/70/agenda.html

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 01 Dec 2007 18:32:24 -0800

Hi Kurt,

> returns an empty calendar....

So it does.  I've made some changes; should be better after the
next update, in about an hour.

	Henrik

---

From: Kurt Zeilenga <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 07:48:17 -0800

Henrik,

Your new form produces the URL:
   http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/70/ics/ietf-70-Technical+Plenary+IETF+Operations+and+Administration+Plenary.ics

which also results in an empty calendar.

If in addition to the plenaries, I select the Welcome Reception, I get  
the URL
   http://tools.ietf.org/agenda/70/ics/ietf-70-Technical+Plenary++Welcome+Reception+IETF+Operations+and+Administration+Plenary.ics

which produces a calendar with just one event, the Welcome Reception.

It seems to me there are issues with handling sessions with spaces  
(represented as +) in the URL.  I suggest you either use identifiers  
without spaces for sessions (e.g., "WelcomeReception") so that + can  
be safely used as a session identifier separator.

-- Kurt

---

From: Henrik Levkowetz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2007 11:34:14 -0800

Hi Kurt,

> which also results in an empty calendar.

<henrik grumbles at himself>

Too tired last night, I guess.

> which produces a calendar with just one event, the Welcome Reception.

Yah.  Yesterday's fix was bad.

> be safely used as a session identifier separator.

Correct observation and analysis.  The only thing which saves my
belief in myself here is that I realized this on my own before reading
your impeccable conclusion ,:-)

I believe I have a better fix now, but will test a bit more to be sure.

	Henrik